Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Heimburger
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having trouble locating the End Turn button in the vassal module. Did it disappear in 2.2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Yep. The previous incarnation had to do a bunch of stuff at end turn. (Tim will attest to how much and how time consuming it all was.)

My practice is to hit the "erase hex highlights" to clean up the map; "next order" to clean up the cards on the map and then draw up my cards to end my turn. (It is the card draw that signals the end of turn just as it would in a face to face game.)

Finally (yes, another edit) - what would you like the "end turn" button to do? There no longer is a turn indicator that needs to be flipped nor an order count that needs to be reset. The only two things necessary (clean up the map and cards) are handled by the included buttons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Heimburger
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's clearly been a while since I've played CC on vassal. It seems too simple to just clean up and move on, but I suppose it isn't, after all.

I found myself in a game, and my opponent didn't seem to be able to do anything. My first thought was that perhaps he couldn't perform any functions because it wasn't his turn. It was getting late for him, so we called it a night.

Re: what I'd like an end turn button to do: correct my mistakes, make my supper, and perhaps comfort me when I'm sad.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing I miss most from the former module is the attacker highlight. You can still mark units that are active, and you can mark a target hex, but you can't mark which unit is firing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe G
Greece
flag msg tools
I agree with Justin. I prefer older versions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.