Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
With optimised decks, about 30-40 minutes. It took longer when we were learning the game with the basic sets.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Kashad
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most I've played have clocked around 30-45mins. I personally think they should run 30mins or less after all the players are completely familiar with the mechanics and the cards in their order decks.

Edited once: NINJA'D!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have 45 minutes rounds at our tourneys and the games basically end on extra turns very frequently, meaning that's appropriate timing I guess. 50-55 minutes would ensure the whole match ends before time. Tournament play, of course, is a bit more involved and tends to lead to more analysis paralysis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
mbmbmbmbmb
MerricB wrote:
With optimised decks, about 30-40 minutes. It took longer when we were learning the game with the basic sets.

Yeah, I think most games boil down to about 15 minutes per player, with a learning curve adjustment.

Tournaments may change that number a bit, with some players fastidiously counting out spaces and ranges. I'd expect an additional 30-40% time allotment in a tournament environment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From unboxing to game finished is about 45 minutes for me using the teams as is from the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garyp
Australia
Berry
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm - we must be slow - our games are running around the 1 hour mark using the decks straight out of the box - only 12 games played so far. I would imagine that once players are completely familiar with the stats on the minis and their order card decks the time would become shorter but the 30 minute estimate sounds optimistic to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.