Subject: Board layout rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed how many of the rooms have similar sizes or proportions.
It makes me think that perhaps the original version of the game had tiles like 'Zombies' did. But instead of laying down 3x3 tiles there were rooms and hallways. I suspect that due to potential issues stemming from intentional bottlenecks in the layout issue that set segments were created.

Has anyone printed out the images here of the boards and tried out the 'individual room' variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't but the designer is active here and I bet he'll answer your question soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Dimock
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to be away so long – life has been interfering with game design lately and I have only recently gotten back to it.

On to answer your question; actually the original prototype was done with a single map layout (if you can believe it). It was interesting because the main play test crew got really good a predicting people strategies as they played the game more because that original layout led to certain early game plays. It was the publisher, Twilight Creations, Inc. that made the suggestion (thanks guys!) to do it in tiles and I immediately realized that we could do two sided tiles to really add possibilities. It was a great idea that really added even more replay ability to the game.

I am guessing that with individual rooms, you are going to end up with some pretty unusable set ups (based on the work I did to design each of the current tiles) and the current system makes for a lot of possibilities, but go ahead and give it a try and let us know how it works. You never know when a great new idea will come along.

By the way, I will be at BGGcon this year – I will be on the look out for anyone playing Bump.

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.