Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Dill
United States
Magnolia
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, can anyone explain how the reinforcements work when using the 'Ultimate Mission Guides'? In most campaigns the seperatist or Imperial side get to bring in, usually, 2 miniatures on an odd initiative roll, and/or 2 miniatures on an even initiative roll. I assume this is a one (or two) time occurance in the mission? You don't get to continuely bring in new miniatures every time you roll an odd numbered initiative, right?

Furthermore, the 'rules' guide states that reinforcements, that are brought into the game, do not need to be defeated by the opposing player in order to win the mission/skirmish (if the mission is a 'defeat all').

Do the 'Mission' rules supercede those of the rule guide? So that even reinforcements need to be defeated in a 'defeat all' mission? Or do I have to keep track of whose a reinforcement, so that they don't play into the victory condition?

Thanks for any 'light' you can shed on these rules!

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reinforcements would arrive whenever the appropriate initiative roll came up. They would not have to be defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Dill
United States
Magnolia
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, so in those scenarios where, if an odd number is rolled, you add 2 more figures at one end of the board and if an even number is rolled they're added at the other -- they just pour in by two's everytime I would roll for initiative? I guess I might need to rethink the size of some of these armies that I've been trying to collect...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a Bunker Raid scenario last night. In that scenario, reinforcements appear inside the bunker and the victory condition is to eliminate all characters in the bunker. In that case, I think reinforcements would have to be defeated, since the victory condition is tied to who is in the bunker, not just defeating the initial squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.