Subject: Future games in Leader serie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which games do DVG think to release in Leader serie?

Is there an idea about it?

Last year I heard about 'Stuka leader' ....

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mellow Muzzle
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Colonel des Grenadiers à Cheval de la Garde Impériale de Sa Majesté l’Empereur Gonzo le Grand
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mae68it wrote:

... Last year I heard about 'Stuka leader' ....

Most interesting (your typical British understatement), but where did you hear about that?

Obviously, PL Deluxe and IAF are up first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Leader_series_games&redir...#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Moores
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leave us Brits alone you nasty man you:gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think all the "future" games listed there are out, except for IAFL.

Gato Leader is also supposed to come out this year. I think that's probably going to be next year but I'll probably buy it.

Personally I'd like to see Sopwith Camel Leader but there may not be enough interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

Personally I'd like to see Sopwith Camel Leader but there may not be enough interest.

+1 for Sopwith Camel Leader
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Oddo
United States
New Windsor
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They sell the print and play game of "Corsair Leader".

Personally, I would like to see this as a "deluxe" version with the usual high quality cards, markers, boards, etc. etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
On Consimworld Dan has mentioned an Eagle Leader game and an idea for how a Ctulhu Leaddr expansion for Hornet Leader could look, but no firm plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Nägele
Germany
Friedrichshafen
flag msg tools
mb
Hint?
... one of the Battalion cards in TAL is called "Tank Leader"...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Corsair Leader PnP (& Vassal) and enjoy it. I would really like a much expanded version of that game. The pre Vietnam games leave out one major component of play, namely a large number of AtG weapons to choose from. The tactics counters in Corsair Leader make up lor this to some degree. Personally I would like to see a Wildcat/ Dauntless leader game that is more centered around the Carrier fighters actions of 1942 & 1943.Or use some of the mechanics from UBoat leader to do a game about German interceptors fighting the Allied Bombers in 44.

"Destroyer Captain" would be an interesting game....

It might be cool to do the early 20th century games more in a TAL format rather than a HL:CAO format, thus focusing more attention on maneuver and such and away from weapons planning.

Excellent WW2 solitaire air game in the vein of HL:CAO.... London's Burning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Cuirassier Leader

Jäger Leader

Arquebuser Leader

Dragoon Leader

Trireme Leader

I see no reason there should be a Steampunk Leader game, not to mention Weird WW2 and Da Vinci machines.

I'm totally in for Chariot Leader.

I would also be all-in for a Viet Nam CSAR game, with Cobras, Sandies, Jolly Green Giants, and no chance to plan your missions, just decide whether each call is worth the risk and send everything that's ready.

Paladin Leader would be possible. You have several types of ammunition available. You need to move after each fire mission. You need to make your ammo last the day and while you've been briefed about the places they expect to have contact you never know what the actual situation will be when the call for fire support comes in.

Crazier is B-1 Leader. With smart weapons and the speed to get anywhere over Afghanistan in minutes the Lancer is essentially doing CAS right now. Here you'd load up, and then respond to calls. You want to optimize your attack runs and try to conserve weapons for future calls.

All this reminds me that I need to play Patton's Best one of these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
401k? More like .357
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
Crazier is B-1 Leader. With smart weapons and the speed to get anywhere over Afghanistan in minutes the Lancer is essentially doing CAS right now. Here you'd load up, and then respond to calls. You want to optimize your attack runs and try to conserve weapons for future calls.

Better yet, a B-1 Lancer Leader for what it was originally designed for: supersonic and NOE strategic nuclear bombing penetration of the Soviet Union. Say hello to the Moscow Target Card.

With an old-school B-52 Leader follow-up, of course--from the 1960's Cold War era to the ALCM age. Hell, combined them both into one: SAC Leader. Toss in some sexy Corvair B-58 Hustlers, and all the other SAC platforms from the Cold War.

You know you wanna take that big ol' B-52 right down Karl Marx Boulevard like Powers Boothe. Bye bye, little babushkas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CountDeMoney wrote:
andreww wrote:

Better yet, a B-1 Lancer Leader for what it was originally designed for: supersonic and NOE strategic nuclear bombing penetration of the Soviet Union. Say hello to the Moscow Target Card.

With an old-school B-52 Leader follow-up, of course--from the 1960's Cold War era to the ALCM age. Hell, combined them both into one: SAC Leader. Toss in some sexy Corvair B-58 Hustlers, and all the other SAC platforms from the Cold War.

You know you wanna take that big ol' B-52 right down Karl Marx Boulevard like Powers Boothe. Bye bye, little babushkas.

Dude! We share the enthusiasm, but dial it back a notch, you're frightening me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
401k? More like .357
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, if strategic nuclear warfare doesn't get ya up in the morning, nothing will. TURN YOUR KEY SIR

Curtis LeMay is my anti-drug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Where the heck did this interest in WW1 come from?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmb
mae68it wrote:
Which games do DVG think to release in Leader serie?

Is there an idea about it?

Last year I heard about 'Stuka leader' ....

Thanks

Prefer typhoon leader but WW2 would get me reaching for my credit card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mb
Following TAL I would love to see an even more 'down amongst the weeds' kinda game concentrating on the boots on the ground: Platoon Leader, or maybe Section Leader
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
Withnails liver wrote:
Following TAL I would love to see an even more 'down amongst the weeds' kinda game concentrating on the boots on the ground: Platoon Leader, or maybe Section Leader

Totally! They could also go to even smaller formations and do a Squad Leader!

If it's a success, they might publish a more detailed version and call it, hm, let's see, how about Advanced Squad Leader! Brilliant idea!!!1! I wonder why nobody has ever thought of that before!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to see a Vietnam PT-Boat leader and a WW2 T-34/Tiger/Sherman leader. Maybe an Abrams Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
'down amongst the weeds' kinda game concentrating on the boots on the ground: Platoon Leader, or maybe Section Leader

In all seriousness (and leaving Nuclear Holocaust behind, )Dan has mentioned, on Consimworld, that his Frontline Games may be reworked as a purely solitaire game with Squad sized units. Now this was just loose discussion, but would be cool.

But before all that I want DVG to release Down in Flames: Locked-On and Gato Leader
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mellow Muzzle
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Colonel des Grenadiers à Cheval de la Garde Impériale de Sa Majesté l’Empereur Gonzo le Grand
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotherman wrote:
Leave us Brits alone you nasty man you:gulp

I shan't, Sir!

BTW, tonight the British and Dutch shall meet again on the field of battle (the Olympic Men’s Hockey semis, that is), whooo-hahaha!!!

(I probably shan’t (I like “shan’t”, don’t you?) be laughing tomorrow, considering how the British have been accumulating Olympic medals at an “alarming” rate, lately).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mellow Muzzle
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

Trireme Leader

Tally-ho, all you silly Brits unite!

andreww wrote:

All this reminds me that I need to play Patton's Best one of these days.

Indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

I would also be all-in for a Viet Nam CSAR game, with Cobras, Sandies, Jolly Green Giants, and no chance to plan your missions, just decide whether each call is worth the risk and send everything that's ready.

Paladin Leader would be possible. You have several types of ammunition available. You need to move after each fire mission. You need to make your ammo last the day and while you've been briefed about the places they expect to have contact you never know what the actual situation will be when the call for fire support comes in.

I agree with these ideas, it would have me throwing my money at DVG as fast as I could.

I especially like the 'Vietnam' and 'Paladin' concepts -- they strike close to home, close to the real deal, ie., what to choose, not knowing the coming encounter, and go from there.

Great ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How about missions against modern Chinese units. Having an enemy unit that can shoot down your munitions before they land would be cool. If their stuff works half as good as its suppose to, it would be very challenging.

maybe just clear China out with tomahawks I guess lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Scott Pasha wrote:
Quote:
'down amongst the weeds' kinda game concentrating on the boots on the ground: Platoon Leader, or maybe Section Leader

In all seriousness (and leaving Nuclear Holocaust behind, )Dan has mentioned, on Consimworld, that his Frontline Games may be reworked as a purely solitaire game with Squad sized units. Now this was just loose discussion, but would be cool.

But before all that I want DVG to release Down in Flames: Locked-On and Gato Leader

Would be very cool. I was looking at that game the other day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which one?
Frontline: D-Day was my first DVG game. Still slowly trying to make up my mind about it 2 years later...
Down in Flames: Aces High & the other newer DvG DiF games are awesome too, ( in fact I just soloed a game today).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.