Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it be better if Dungeon Command was a game instead of a family and Sting of Lolth an expansion? I find the current organization a bit illogical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already brought this up.

Some people think it makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose-san wrote:
Wouldn't it be better if Dungeon Command was a game instead of a family and Sting of Lolth an expansion? I find the current organization a bit illogical.

It's actually very logical but impractical. Your suggestion would make it more practical but illogical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
I've already brought this up.

Some people think it makes sense.

Oops, I missed that post blush

You're right in that post.

If at least there was a "base" Dungeon Command game entry to which the expansion packs were linked...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Jose-san wrote:

It's actually very logical but impractical. Your suggestion would make it more practical but illogical.

Actually, I don't see the logic. Dungeon Command is a game, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that there is no physical product linked to the name "Dungeon Command" so putting it up as a game family is logical but it becomes impractical because BGG's family/game integration is not as complete as its game/expansion integration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
The problem is that there is no physical product linked to the name "Dungeon Command" so putting it up as a game family is logical but it becomes impractical because BGG's family/game integration is not as complete as its game/expansion integration.

Ok. But many customizable games share this characteristic (no "base" game). E.g. WH40K is not a family, but a game. There is a "Warhammer 40,000 Wargames" family, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In that example, Warhammer 40K refers to the physical core rule set (3rd ed, 6th ed, etc) sold as a book but WH40K Wargames is just a family of games grouped by the theme.

Another game similar to Dungeon Command's distribution would be Summoner Wars but in that case, BGG incorrectly has a "Summoner War" game entry linked to "Summoner Wars: Guild Dwarves vs Cave Goblins" but it works much better vs the situation with Dungeon Command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the OP, and yeah, I know the issue has been brought up before.

The current arrangement is silly. If I want to read a review of Dungeon Command, which of the five database entries do I go to? If I want to see how Dungeon Command is rated, which of the five ratings do I look at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noahboa wrote:
I agree with the OP, and yeah, I know the issue has been brought up before.

The current arrangement is silly. If I want to read a review of Dungeon Command, which of the five database entries do I go to? If I want to see how Dungeon Command is rated, which of the five ratings do I look at?

+1 it's really tough to read up on rule clarification, etc. when it's all over the place. and somehow the family board is a ghost town mostly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.