Go Goblin, Go!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hoarding rocks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last time we played this game 3 players hoarded rocks each turn, and about midgame the "bank" became depleted so one player who didn't have any rocks left couldn't draw new ones.

The rules doesn't say anything about how to handle this situation, so does anyone know if the supply of rocks are limited to the 60 pieces which came with the box or are they unlimited?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Corby
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say I know, but when this happens to our group we have played that there are no rocks to be taken. When you think about it though, it seems like in a cave there would always be another rock to find. An official ruling would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David Faeth
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Rocks are unlimited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevecorby wrote:
I can't say I know, but when this happens to our group we have played that there are no rocks to be taken. When you think about it though, it seems like in a cave there would always be another rock to find. An official ruling would be nice.

Yeah we played it the same way

roujin27 wrote:
Rocks are unlimited.

Ok good to know

Great game btw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David Faeth
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thank you! I appreciate that. So, how do you guys think it plays with a limited rock pile? Okay? Not okay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Corby
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roujin27 wrote:
Thank you! I appreciate that. So, how do you guys think it plays with a limited rock pile? Okay? Not okay?

Well, with a limited rock pile there would be times when someone rolls a number that he can't move because of a lack of rocks, but with no rocks to be taken, he has to either play a card or do nothing. You could purposely horde the rocks so that late game it is possible that no one but the horder(s) can move anything. that really doesn't feel like how this game should play.

With an unlimited rock pile, this sort of strategy is eliminated and the game plays more like a fast fun fest that it really should be. I really don't think this game wants me to have to think about the tactics like I'm worrying about how to feed my family of 5 on turn 15 of Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roujin27 wrote:

There's a better flow in the game with unlimited rocks, the game kinda bogged down alot when some of the players couldn't move at all due to the rock shortage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.