Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks hope all is well.

Not to long ago i posted under the recommendations thread on an "asshole" replacement game. Asshole is a very simple game using a standard 52 poker deck and my friends love it for some reason lol.

I'm looking to you decktet community, to play a game where i use eiter 1 or 2 decks (i'd rather avoid tokens) that is far superiour then asshole.

Help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascend is a Decktet climbing game like Asshole / President, but is rather a bit more complicated [more along the lines of Tichu or Haggis]. Still, worth checking out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg J
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in February, I created Slip Knot and Reef Knot in an attempt to fill precisely this void in the Decktet universe. I haven't released the games yet as I would like to play test them more. Thus far, they show great promise.

The games support 3-6 players and use one or two decks depending on the number of players. Suit chips are not used, but I have developed a new suit mechanic that I am quite excited about which drives the games. I have also developed a "Cheat" style game using this mechanic as well, which is in a lighter vein.

Slip Knot is a light President/Asshole type game which only uses the suits. Reef Knot uses the same basic ruleset, but uses the ranks of the cards to allow singles, pairs and straights and is a heavier game.

I am happy to share the rules with anyone interested in play testing this type of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendations and Greg I'd be interested in seeing your rules.

After research it looks like I'm essentially looking for a trick taking game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:

After research it looks like I'm essentially looking for a trick taking game.

You don't say exactly which aspect of Asshole is appealing, but I'm guessing that you want something with some strategy but not too much and with a bit of vicious whammy. Two Decktet trick-taking games that might fit the bill are Hermit (for 3-5 players) and Poison Nonesuch (for 3-4, but best with 4 players).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll check those out.

I'm not going to lie though, simply what i am looking for is something that is,

scaleable, quick to the table, small foot print and simple.

What we got?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.