Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dominion: Dark Ages» Forums » General

Subject: further speculation: now that we know what Ruins are... - Scavenger? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we could see a card called Scavenger or something that lets you draw multiple ruins, play them and then trash them.

$3 - Scavenger

Draw 4 ruins and play them in whatever order you want. When done, trash them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we will probably see a play-action(s)-then-trash type card. It makes a lot of sense with this set and fills a void.

I always end up with my trasher left over and no way to get rid of it. Of course, then I will have this left over...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Steindam
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also like the idea of play-an-action-then-trash-it. (I also like the idea of a card that gives the owner Ruins.) I doubt it will be Scavenger, though. For one thing, any card that burns through a Supply pile that quickly is going to cause problems. In a 2-player game, it's usable 2.5 times! For another, randomly getting up to 4 Coins, or up to 4 Cards, etc. is pretty good. It's unpredictable, but as long as there are Ruins it's comparable to Tribute for a much lower cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNevin wrote:
I also like the idea of play-an-action-then-trash-it. (I also like the idea of a card that gives the owner Ruins.) I doubt it will be Scavenger, though. For one thing, any card that burns through a Supply pile that quickly is going to cause problems. In a 2-player game, it's usable 2.5 times! For another, randomly getting up to 4 Coins, or up to 4 Cards, etc. is pretty good. It's unpredictable, but as long as there are Ruins it's comparable to Tribute for a much lower cost.

Tribute is what I was comparing it to as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.