Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, if you use either Lee or Longstreet and a general is it that turn, Lee or Longstreet suffers instead. What happens if they are both in use on the same turn?

Also, does the original general casualty have to be in the division Longstreet is helping for the casualty to effect Longstreet (i.e., Longstreet is helping Pickett's Division and General Trimble is hit - is Longstreet hit instead of Trimble or is Longstreet hit only if Pickett would have been hit)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Menear
United States
Vienna
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last bullet of 15.2 says, "The Lee and Longstreet bonuses cannot be applied on the same Game Turn.

Since rule 15.3 does not say anything about which General is Hit, I play that if Longstreet is on the map and any "General is Hit" counter is pulled then Longstreet is hit.

Also, since the rules do not say that Longstreet being hit removes him from the game, I play that if his first counter is removed due to a hit, his second counter can be used later in the game, with the same risks.

Hermann follows this forum closely and I'm sure he will weigh in with confirmation or clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gents!
Dennis is correct on all accounts. A "General is Hit" chit affects only the bonus general if he's being used. Longstreet can get hit twice, effectively representing him being killed.
Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.