Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Saunders
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Looking at the rules, is there any limit to the number of cyclists which can be placed in the front and the rear of the peleton. can all cyclists be placed in either the fron OR the rear?

Also, I am a little dubious over the energy costs for a cyclist in the peleton.It seems literally an easy ride to stay in the peleton as long as possible in order to conserve your energy. Breakaways burn energy

Maybe the energy costs are too small and need to be increased, thereby encouraging cyclists to break away, rather than hang around in the peleton.

Perhaps it would work to only allow riders at the front of the peleton to increase its speed.

I have not played HotN yet but it does seem tempting to loiter at the rear of the peleton

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All riders can be either in the front or at the back of the peloton.

I think it cost a lot just to stay in the peloton (0-1 at the back or 1-2 in the front plus 1 if on a red hexagon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Saunders
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
All riders can be either in the front or at the back of the peloton.

I think it cost a lot just to stay in the peloton (0-1 at the back or 1-2 in the front plus 1 if on a red hexagon).

Thanks for answering the riders in the peleton query.

As for energy cost in the peleton, if I have a cyclist at the back of the peleton, I can potentially move 5 squares and 1 more if the peleton persues for only 1 energy, unless I'm also climbing a mountain - then I use 2 energy.

6 squares for only 1 energy!!. I don't think that is a lot at all. It surely discourages breakaways.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
It requires you to *time* your breakaways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.