Popular Tags: [View All]
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Description/Backstory

The manor house had lain vacant for years. While the world progressed and advanced, the estate fell in into decay and disrepair. The local villages were not the uneducated backwater they had once been, but concerning the old Blakely estate superstition still ran deep. Old men told strange tales. Young boys scoffed and proved their manhood by stepping past the gates. Few made it ten steps, none made it past twenty. Long vacant though the house had been, many tales told of sights and sounds that said the house was not as empty as it seems. The Bramblemoor Wood, for which the manor got its name, grew high and choked out views of all but the main approach to the house. But from the hills east of the estate the North Tower could be seen and some claimed to have seen it’s lights lit in the late hours of the night. Strange howls carried on the wind. Shadows seen moving in the deeper shadow of the woods. And a sense of being watched, of a force clutching at the heart when one got too near. The history of the Bramblemoor Manor was a black one. Almost as black as the history of the Blakely family that once lived there. A history of corruption, of murder, and of meddling in things beyond the realms of mortal men. The Manor was tied to the family. And only a true heir could ever hope to tame it.

15 Unique cards (10 Rooms, 4 Ghosts, 1 non specific)

Possession
CARD TEXT:
If Agatha is not in play and at least one hero has less than 15 HP, the non-possessed hero with the lowest hp puts the Agatha character cards into play “Spirit of the House” side up, destroy this card.
At the end of the enviroment turn, this card deals all non-ghost targets 1 psychic damage, destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT: “You are weak now, Trespasser. You are coming closer to me with every failing breath. You have dared to enter here and now you will pay the price. If you will not leave MY house, I will not leave you!” - Agatha

The Undefiled Sanctuary
TYPE: Room
CARD TEXT:
Reduce all damage by 3.
At the start of the environment turn, destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
Fanatic stopped and breathed deeply. “We stand on holy ground.”
“Well I guess we better watch our step.”
Fanatic glared at Absolute Zero. “It has been sanctified. She cannot touch us here.”

The Blakely Family Crypt
CARD TEXT:
Draw from the environment deck until 2 ghost cards are revealed and put them into play. Shuffle the environment deck.
At the end of the environment turn, return the last ghost card put into the environment trash into play.
At the start of the environment turn, if there are no ghosts in play, destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“Generations of my family lie entombed here. Mad men and dreamers. Driven by desires for power. Agatha was the last to be buried here. She was only twenty-two at the time of the accident.” - Sir Blakely

The Library
CARD TEXT:
Ghosts are immune to projectile damage.
At the start of each hero turn that hero may draw a card. If a non-possessed hero does, this card deals that hero 1 projectile damage.
At the start of the Environment turn, if any hero has 7 cards in their hand, destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“Malachi loved this library. He loved his precious books more than his own sister. But I’ll show him. I’ll show them all. It’s my library now Malachi. It’s mine! Every book, scroll and tome.” - Agatha

The Banquet Hall
CARD TEXT:
Ghosts are immune to toxic damage.
At the start of each hero turn that hero may regain 1 HP. If a non-possessed hero does, they may not draw cards this turn.
At the start of the Environment turn, if (H) - 1 or more HP has been regained this round, destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“Once, this room was filled with food and family. True uncle Mordechai died in that chair, Aunt Alice always was good with poisons, but the time together here was the important thing. Malachi never understood that.” - Agatha

The North Tower
CARD TEXT:
Ghosts are immune to lightning damage.
At the start of each hero turn that hero may play a card. If a non-possessed hero does, they may not play powers this turn.
At the start of the environment turn, all non-possessed heroes may discard a card to destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“Just look at this house. Why would anybody choose to use this place as a secret base? It’s huge and creepy and remote and nobody wants to come anywhere near it and...hmm, never mind. I figured it out.” - Young Legacy

The Portrait Gallery
CARD TEXT:
Ghosts are immune to psychic damage.
At the end of the environment turn, this card deals all non-ghost targets 1 psychic damage.
At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard 1 card to destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
Tachyon brushed away cobwebs and peered closely at a large faded picture near the door. “That guy looks a lot like you.”
“Malachi, my grandfather,” Sir Blakely said.
“Yeah, that’s unfortunate.”

The Courtyard
CARD TEXT:
Ghosts are immune to sonic damage.
Decrease damage dealt to ghosts by 1.
At the end of the environment turn, if Agatha is in play, the possessed hero regains 2 HP.
At the start of the environment turn, if non-ghost target has taken 5 or more damage this round, destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT: “Saul used to spend hours here, reading by the fountain. He was the brother who loved me, the brother I loved. How we used to play and laugh in this place. Even now, I almost feel solace here.” Agatha

The Dungeon
CARD TEXT:
Ghosts are immune to cold damage.
Increase damage dealt to non-ghosts by 1.
At the end of the environment turn, if Agatha is in play, return a ghost card from the environment trash into play.
At the start of the environment turn, heroes may destroy 2 equipment or ongoing cards to destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“Ouch, that one looks painful. Ooh, but better then this thing here. What’s this one do? Er, never mind. Shouldn’t have asked. Boy did your family have some interesting hobbies.” - Unity
“Whatever makes you happy.” - Sir Blakely

The Great Hall
CARD TEXT:
Ghosts are immune to fire damage.
At the end of the environment turn, play the top card of the environment deck.
At the start of the environment turn, all non-possessed heroes may discard a card to destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“It’s eight doors to a side, systematic check of each, meet back here in five minutes.” - bunker
“It’s not that easy. Those doors will all take you to other rooms, but they won’t necessarily bring you back.” - Sir Blakely

The Grand Staircase
CARD TEXT:
Ghosts are immune to melee damage.
At the end of the environment turn, put the last environment card to go to the trash back into play.
At the start of a hero turn, that hero may skip their turn to destroy this card.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“Up, down, and around again. Watch as you run back and forth. Do you think you can master my house, Trespasser? Do you think you can learn its secrets? Do you think you can enter here and leave unpunished?” - Agatha

Invisible Presence
TYPE: Ghost
HP: 3
CARD TEXT:
At the end of the environment turn, deal each non-ghost target 2 energy damage.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“I feel cold.”
Expatriatte rolled her eye at Absolute Zero. “Well isn’t that a surprise.”
“No, that’s not what I mean.” He shifted warily. “This is a different kind of cold.”

Screaming Banshee
HP: 2
CARD TEXT:
At the end of the environment turn, deal each non-ghost target 1 sonic damage.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“Cousin Victoria always had a lovely singing voice, don’t you agree? Grandma Blakely never cared for it though. Such a tragic loss when Vicky drowned in the pond. And at only nineteen. Grandma was the only witness.” - Agatha

Floating Specter
HP: 2
CARD TEXT:
At the end of the environment turn, deal the non-ghost target with the lowest hp 2 psychic damage.
FLAVOR TEXT:
Haka watched as the translucent form glided towards them, eyes glowing. “Well that’s not something you see every day.”
Nightmist drew the Tome of Elder Magic from her shoulder bag. “Speak for yourself.”

Troubled Spirit
HP: 5
CARD TEXT:
At the end of the environment turn, deal the non-ghost target with the highest hp 3 infernal damage.
FLAVOR TEXT:
“He was here long before I was, ever since I was a little girl. I’m not entirely sure he is even a Blakely relation. Not all are. He may be one of Grandfather’s test subjects. You know, from the early days.” - Agatha

Additional Agatha Character and text cards:

Character Front Side
Villian Name “Agatha”
HP = *
Type = Ghost
Side Name = “Spirit of the House”
Nemesises = Blakely, Pallbearer

Text Card Front Side
Set Up
This hero is possessed by the spirit of Agatha until their HP reaches 0. Increase the possessed hero’s maximum HP by x, where x = the number of environment cards in the environment trash and in play. All powers and attributes of Agatha belong to the possessed hero.
This hero now fights for the Bramblemoor Manor and wins by defeating the villain and all other heroes.

Gameplay

Power: Play the top card of the environment deck.
If the villain has been defeated, flip Agatha’s character cards.
Heroes now win only if the villain has been defeated and there are no heroes possessed by Agatha.

Advanced
At the beginning of the possessed hero’s turn, play the top card of the environment deck.

Character Back Side
Villian Name “Agatha”
HP = *
Type = Ghost, Villain
Side Name “Vengeful Spirit”

Text Card Back Side
Gameplay

Any card that would target villain or non-hero targets may be used to target heros.

Power: Deal 1 target x psychic damage, where x = the number of ghost cards in play.
Heroes win only when there are no heroes possessed by Agatha.
Agatha wins when either all non-possessed heroes are incapacitated or if, at the start of the environment turn, there are (H) + 2 or more room cards in play.

Advanced
Agatha wins if, at the start of the environment turn, there are (H) or more room cards in play.

Card Drafts:

Background:
My friend and I have been working on some customs for this awesome game. Among these is a set of 3 decks, 1 hero Sir Blakely, 1 Villain Pallbearer, and one environment Bramblemoor Manor. Their backstory is the history of the Blakely family (the Manor being their ancient family estate). The story involves 3 siblings: Agatha, Malachi, and Saul. Their family has a long history of madness and mixing with sorcery and dark arts. Malachi is the first to renounce these ways and hero Sir Blakely is his grandson. Saul also left the family and became a priest, specializing in exorcism...but eventually his family madness caught up with him and he now actively consorts with demons, seeking to free ancient demons from their prisons, becoming the villain Pallbearer. Agatha was always bitter that ancient family law prevented her from inheriting the house but she was accidently killed during a fight between the brothers. Her spirit now haunts the manor. The environment is designed to be a haunted house type of experience. But its an environment with a twist as Agatha is still present, still bitter and when situations are just right can possess a weakened hero to become a 3rd party in the battle. There is now a delicate battle of Hero vs Villain vs Environment/Possessed hero. Each having to decide when to attack whom. The more of the house is revealed the stronger Agatha and the other ghosts become, she even has a winning mechanism based on how revealing (unleashing) the power of the house.

We had been working on these but just as we got at least the environment where we thought it should be, my friend has moved and now we can't playtest them. So I'm hoping others may enjoy these and be able to share their feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Booth
United States
California
flag msg tools
I think I'm a little confused. This is an environment deck that also has a villain in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is designed to be an environment with a unique twist. You would play a game with your heroes and any villain. It acts as a haunted house themed environment. Villain vs heroes.

If certain conditions are met...being the possession card played with a hero weak enough(close enough to the spirit world) then the weak hero becomes possessed by Agatha. Agatha takes over the weak hero and her abilities now belong to the possessed hero, proving new powers or options for that hero. As well as making them immune to bad affects by the envirnment deck they also now get all the bonuses. The fight now becomes a three way battle.

Villain is still just trying to beat everyone.

Heroes now need to defeat the villain and incapacitate the possessed hero to free them from agatha.

The possessed hero/agatha now fights for the environment. Trying to be the last man standing. Should the villain be defeated before agatha then agatha becomes more powerful...should agatha be beaten before the villain then the possibility opens that a different hero may get possessed should The right conditions be met again.

So this acts in a unique manner to any other environment in that the environment can take over a hero and try and win for itself.

Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! You guys seem to have put a LOT of work and effort into this! And it looks very interesting!

I wish I had time to play test this unique Environment...honestly, with such little free time to play the actual released stuff, that would be difficult.

Has anyone else tooled around with this? It certainly looks very cool, thematically and with that cool twist!

Artscow it!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I, via email as he's oversees for a year, are actually working on an updated version of this we hope will make it more approachable. We are trying to make it a solid environment that can stand alone with using the Agatha card as an option...OR...try and build her into the deck much as Anubis is part of the environment deck. Problem is she needs so much text explanation we really have felt having a villain card is necessary.

Thanks for the interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horace Darksaber
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just updated a few cards, and added pictures, and printed. Thanks ;D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven deavers
msg tools
mb
How many of which cards do you need or am I missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
One each. Environment should have exactly 15 cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven deavers
msg tools
mb
Cool I did it right then. I added it to my vassal module. Trying it out today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Morris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ViolentNny wrote:
Just updated a few cards, and added pictures, and printed. Thanks ;D

What did you do for the update? We used ScoobyDo pictures when we printed ours, what sort of art have you found for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven deavers
msg tools
mb
So tried it out once plan on running it again. It was very interesting. We got lost on the grand stair case for at least 3 turns and each time we though we got rid of one room we would end up right back in it. I was had just got incapped when possession popped up so the only guy left was the possessed one and ended up finishing blade. Fanatic ironically. So the first game goes to the environment lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven deavers
msg tools
mb
so it was just alpha, fanatic, and wraith vs blade in the haunted manor.

The Manor won again.

we got blade down too his second form, but his back lash form his shields weaken wraith just enough that the ghostly mistress of the manor possessed wraith right then, she proceeded to grapnel gun alpha to the ground ripping his wings off, unloaded her arsenal on fanatic taking her out, pulled out a spare utility belt of throwing knives to finish off alpha. Then used some impromptu inventions to make new gear and slowly finish blade off, after a few turns of just holding out defending, the fight made its way to the north tower making all ghost immune to the lightning damage of his back lash shields and that was game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven deavers
msg tools
mb
Question.

When you are possessed you get the ghost and villian keywords but do you still count as a hero too? Can a card that says target hero still go towards you.

Does my smoke bombs still affect the hero team?

You treat agatha/possessed hero as a villain card meaning no environment/ongoing destruction can get rid of her right?

Also as a villain can I treat all hero targets as enemies now and use my weapons to take them down? I think that's how we played it but I wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh! How mean to clip Alpha's wings, rendering him vulnerable to this unforgiving environment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.