Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Emmanuel,

I wanted to post this here hoping you might clarify something for myself, and everyone else.

I'm currently backing AiyP at $165 (I'm at the "Line for Life" level + want a set of the tins). I feel a bit confused as to what "Line for Life" really entails however, and hoped you could clarify.

What precisely constitutes the idea of all future content, being available to us? I know "accessories" like additional dice, or the tin cases DO NOT count. Does everything else? What about game-play incentives from all the other tiers of promotion? Do we get everything exclusive to every other tier, that has pertinence to the gameplay?

As an aside, btw... I'm hoping some of the high end stretch goals offer really exciting items. It feels a bit odd spending $150+ on what is currently a card game. I know the game-play will prove worthy, but i'm so used to getting lots of neat bits and pieces in my $100+ level games, and thus am hoping for some really exciting components... perhaps ones that add more "meat" to the game for those who don't necessarily need the game to travel/be portable.

EDIT: Oh... and I meant to ask. At the Life-For-Life level... do we get the card auto-graphed by Emmanuel? Honestly... I really want that item, and if pushed, I will pay extra, though I wish I didn't have to.

Cheers!
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent M
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking the same thing about stretch goals, especially when I consider the insane amount of bonus material for Emmanuel's smash hit D-Day Dice. The amount raised for that game completely crushed expectations though and I've come to realize it's not a fair comparison.

Having said that I'm really looking forward to what I'll receive at the "Band of Brothers" level!

edit: changed my wording a bit in the first sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KRAMPUS
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling they lost money on DDD LfL, so the ABiYP LfL is more expensive (by $25) and probably will not include "accessories" in either the LfL or the stretch goals. I'm sure more accessories will become available, but as add-ons only, even for LfL pledges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Though I am not Emmanuel, I volunteer for Valley. So the quick answer is if you can play it in the game, you will get it. Any card that is meant o be played will be included. Any expansion, any offshoot (ala Pacific in D-Day Dice coming in 2014). It won't include any of the Zombie in My Pocket that is coming later as that is a different "brand" but if there is any crossover expansion, you should get that.

It is just the swag that won't be "free." Tins, patches, books, etc.

I am not sure they lost money on the DDD LFL (or at least more than they expected). But it is removing a person from ever buying a single thing for that game for each LFL sold. That is why they were in limited numbers and the price kept going up each time they released more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VAXT wrote:
I have a feeling they lost money on DDD LfL, so the ABiYP LfL is more expensive (by $25) and probably will not include "accessories" in either the LfL or the stretch goals. I'm sure more accessories will become available, but as add-ons only, even for LfL pledges.

Well, I suppose that is part of my... well frustration isn't the word... but rather slight disappointment. I grew envious of a friend who Kickstarted DDD and got a mountain of goodies, including the nice tins... And here I am spending a good bit more, but already knowing I have to pay $15 for the equivalent of said tin box.

I REALLY hope some, or future extras get added to the LfL backers, because it really is a mountain of money to post up front for strictly cards.

I mean, the game doesn't even have maps, per se, so we aren't even getting a mountain of those wonderful, heavy-stock maps, and so on. In fact, all in all, it seems like, at the moment, the game costs a good bit more, for a good bit less in terms of over-all STUFF.

Again... this is NOT a critique of the game, or game value. For all we know, Emmanuel is a design savant, and this will be another all-time-great production, worth the money. I just think it would be easier for me to be enthusiastic about my investment, if I was getting more than one or two cards, periodically as stretch-goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:
Well, I suppose that is part of my... well frustration isn't the word... but rather slight disappointment. I grew envious of a friend who Kickstarted DDD and got a mountain of goodies, including the nice tins...

Want my tin? I prefer the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to get in the $100 D-Day Dice Line for Life and was amazed at what I got. I feel almost like I stole the game considering what showed up in the box!

I will agree the current $150 level on this game feels a lot less and I've been waffling about lowering it down to the $70 level. The investment is quite high for what you get now, but I expect it will pay off in the long run once the various expansions come out. I think the D-Day Dice campaign increased our expectations through the roof so hard to top that. And costs like printing/shipping/etc keep going up so we will get less per dollar over time. I've noticed a trend on Kickstarter projects of less for your dollar now that it's so successful. But that might be because bigger companies are using it more as a marketing drive over a single guy wanting to print his dream project. Emmanuel has been pretty awesome so I expect we won't be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:
Well, I suppose that is part of my... well frustration isn't the word... but rather slight disappointment. I grew envious of a friend who Kickstarted DDD and got a mountain of goodies, including the nice tins... And here I am spending a good bit more, but already knowing I have to pay $15 for the equivalent of said tin box.

You have to understand that the tins for DDD were a stretch reward, given to all supporters, while the tins we offer here are not (we have other cool stretch rewards coming up, though, don't worry). DDD Line-for-Lifer will not get any other DDD tins or special boxes we may put out in the future (like a bamboo box for Pacific, for example). However, they will get all the game stuff, as Brian said.

So, to answer the OP, yes, the 10 exclusive Special Ops offered for the other tiers will automatically be sent to Line-for-Lifers.

And remember that this is but the first wave of Airborne. We have even more stuff coming up next year. The L4L is like a magazine subscription: you won't make your money back the first month, but in the long run, it's a pretty sweet deal. Especially if you're into promos and hard-to-find stuff.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Emmanuel. I do appreciate the response, and likewise expect that after a healthy campaign, and inevitably TONS of met stretch-goals, that this will likewise end up a very tricked out, and impressive edition. I will admit, i'm hoping at least some of those stretch-goals upgrade physical components, as it would just be nice to have more heft, beyond the normal cards, and card-stock.

Now... about that auto-graphed card....? ;-)

Amiral wrote:
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:

You have to understand that the tins for DDD were a stretch reward, given to all supporters, while the tins we offer here are not (we have other cool stretch rewards coming up, though, don't worry). DDD Line-for-Lifer will not get any other DDD tins or special boxes we may put out in the future (like a bamboo box for Pacific, for example). However, they will get all the game stuff, as Brian said.

So, to answer the OP, yes, the 10 exclusive Special Ops offered for the other tiers will automatically be sent to Line-for-Lifers.

And remember that this is but the first wave of Airborne. We have even more stuff coming up next year. The L4L is like a magazine subscription: you won't make your money back the first month, but in the long run, it's a pretty sweet deal. Especially if you're into promos and hard-to-find stuff.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't make sense to me to have separate tin card boxes. Especially, as I would hope to have a number of expansions down the road for line for life level. I hope they add a box/tin that will hold everything as a stretch reward. As it is, I think I'll use my DDD tin box.

Amiral wrote:
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:
Thank you Emmanuel. I do appreciate the response, and likewise expect that after a healthy campaign, and inevitably TONS of met stretch-goals, that this will likewise end up a very tricked out, and impressive edition. I will admit, i'm hoping at least some of those stretch-goals upgrade physical components, as it would just be nice to have more heft, beyond the normal cards, and card-stock.

Now... about that auto-graphed card....? ;-)

Oops! Forgot to add that yes, all Line-for-Lifers will get an autographed card with a terribly witty slogan (or a bad pun, depending on your luck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:
It doesn't make sense to me to have separate tin card boxes. Especially, as I would hope to have a number of expansions down the road for line for life level. I hope they add a box/tin that will hold everything as a stretch reward. As it is, I think I'll use my DDD tin box.

We'll look into offering a big box for everyone... but no promises. We already have a lot of stretch rewards up our sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
turtleback wrote:

We'll look into offering a big box for everyone... but no promises. We already have a lot of stretch rewards up our sleeves.

I'd definitely prefer a big box to hold everything. Don't need it to be tin, but a decent size box that holds all 4 sets and extras would really be much more handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
turtleback wrote:

Guess you learned from the 1st D-Day Dice campaign, things move fast and have lots of stretch rewards ready for us.whistle Keep them coming, will we keep buying!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know the answer to this, but I just want in to be confirmed, as I think the front page could be misread.

The pack of 8 exclusive Special Ops, all from the 101st Division, 506th PIR that is listed under: BAND OF BROTHERS/3rd BATTALION. I would consider that a game component (and therefore included in the L-f-L), but please can you confirm this?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
ukdane wrote:
I think I know the answer to this, but I just want in to be confirmed, as I think the front page could be misread.

The pack of 8 exclusive Special Ops, all from the 101st Division, 506th PIR that is listed under: BAND OF BROTHERS/3rd BATTALION. I would consider that a game component (and therefore included in the L-f-L), but please can you confirm this?

Thank you

As I said earlier in this thread, yes, the Band of Brothers Special Ops will be sent to Line-for-Lifers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
ukdane wrote:

Thank you

As I said earlier in this thread, yes, the Band of Brothers Special Ops will be sent to Line-for-Lifers.

Doh! Sorry for wasting time, didn't read your reply properly/thoroughly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
turtleback wrote:

I like what I read here. So you have me on board. One game copy to Poland, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you again Emmanuel. I actually feel pretty reassured, and knowing the autographed card is included actually pushed me to upgrade my backing even further. I really am excited about the game, and believe in you as a designer, and thus have every wish to help support your current and future endeavors.

I will, all of that said, agree with several others here in suggesting a WONDERFUL high-high level stretch reward is indeed some kind of supreme storage solution. Perhaps a large box, even with a plastic molded insert with dividers for several decks, and hypothetical future expansions. Something stylized to look like a pill-box would be really neat, and thematic.

Anyway... everyone get to backing this! I'm all in and I want to see what all my stretch-goodies are!!! Fingers crossed for stuff like double-sized tiles, etc...

Cheers,
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own a copy of Zombie In My Pocket.
The rumour monkeys say that there will be "crossover cards", but will this work with the old version of ZiMP, or only the new Valley Games version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing I'm wondering about concerning the LFL is the price difference with the Firing Squad level.

At this point, all 4 sets + Hooah are priced at $70. In order for someone to gain from the LFL, there should be at least as much material planned for release, meaning at least another 4 sets.

So my question for Emmanuel is, do you and Rik have so much material in the pipeline?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
ukdane wrote:
The rumour monkeys say that there will be "crossover cards", but will this work with the old version of ZiMP, or only the new Valley Games version?

The crossover between AIYP and the ZIYP will be for the commercial versions only, as Jeremiah's game will have a good makeover from the PnP version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
The thing I'm wondering about concerning the LFL is the price difference with the Firing Squad level.

At this point, all 4 sets + Hooah are priced at $70. In order for someone to gain from the LFL, there should be at least as much material planned for release, meaning at least another 4 sets.

So my question for Emmanuel is, do you and Rik have so much material in the pipeline?

I have designed a total of 10 sets (2 of these are German) + 10 "Warring Nation" expansions (each one comes with 10 Events, 12 nation-specific Item cards, 1 nation-specific Special Op + 1 nation-specific scenario) + the “Kampfschwein” expansion (introducing 25 bosses who’ll attack the players when Red Alert is declared and will yield rewards when defeated!) + the Campaign Book (an actual book) + mini-crossover expansions for ZIYP and another, yet-undisclosed, Valley Game WWII project + lots of promo Special Ops (including about 12 from the Band of Brothers) + 1 or 2 bonus Event sets.

So you can imagine that the retail value of all this is way more than what you pay for a LfL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
ukdane wrote:

The crossover between AIYP and the ZIYP will be for the commercial versions only, as Jeremiah's game will have a good makeover from the PnP version.

Actually it's not the PnP version, but the Cambridge Games Factory version that I was thinking of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim williamson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
NasosP wrote:

I have designed a total of 10 sets (2 of these are German) + 10 "Warring Nation" expansions (each one comes with 10 Events, 12 nation-specific Item cards, 1 nation-specific Special Op + 1 nation-specific scenario) + the “Kampfschwein” expansion (introducing 25 bosses who’ll attack the players when Red Alert is declared and will yield rewards when defeated!) + the Campaign Book (an actual book) + mini-crossover expansions for ZIYP and another, yet-undisclosed, Valley Game WWII project + lots of promo Special Ops (including about 12 from the Band of Brothers) + 1 or 2 bonus Event sets.

So you can imagine that the retail value of all this is way more than what you pay for a LfL.

As a fan of D-Day Dice who missed out on the L4L level for it, I was more than happy to jump on board AIYP at the L4L level. Seeing what all is planned on coming out in the futures just makes me smile and know that this is a great offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.