Mitchell Waldbauer
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fellow BGG'rs, just wanted to make a note about this. I saw in a couple of reviews that some local B&N's had the game. Excited, I went to my local store, they didn't have it. Called another two they didn't gave it.

Upon researching it on their website they have it mislabeled as Flash Point: Fire Rescue Urban Structures.

So I called another location, and was persistent about them getting it in soon, and I heard others had it. The guy checked their backstock area and they have it! They just hadn't put it out on the shelf yet since it wasn't the published date. But since there's not street date, the manager said they could sell it to me.

In hopes this helps get it into other waiting hands sooner, I thought I'd share my story :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Has arrived at some Barnes and Nobles
Urban Structures is the expansion.

Are you sure it's mislabeled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Waldbauer
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Urban Structures is the expansion.

Are you sure it's mislabeled?

In their system, yes. I walked into the store today and bought it and the receipt says "Flash Point: Fire Rescue Urban Structures" but the box I have is the base game "Flash Point: Fire Rescue".

I thought it odd that the guy on the phone told me they had Urban Structures but not Fire Rescue. (esp. since the in-print expansion copies are all in the IBC guy's garage waiting to be sent out to kickstarter supporters) The mistake in B&N's system makes it all make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they also have the Resistance Second Edition in stock? (The one with the larger red box?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Waldbauer
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Do they also have the Resistance Second Edition in stock? (The one with the larger red box?)

Sorry, no idea. I looked and saw at the store I bought Flash Point that they had it out on the shelf (not sure if my call spurred that or not as I didn't look before I called).

But I wasn't looking for The Resistance. So, the fact that I didn't see it means little since I wasn't actually looking that hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lanzing
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed the same from my B&N. Their system said "Urban Structures" but the game on the shelves is the original game (albeit, 2nd Edition with the plastic firefighter figures). Confusing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Waldbauer
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Momerath wrote:
I've noticed the same from my B&N. Their system said "Urban Structures" but the game on the shelves is the original game (albeit, 2nd Edition with the plastic firefighter figures). Confusing!

Got to play my copy for the first time last night (3rd time ever), and it was worth the hassle to get a hold of sooner. Great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Waldbauer
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They responded to my email about the error on the website, and they've since fixed it! Yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William (Andy) Anderson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the shelf here in Las Vegas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw it in Rockford, Illinois a few days ago, about 6 copies on the shelf. Today when I went back, there were only two copies. It's moving!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.