Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Stronghold» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can a Cannon or Pole occupy the same tower as Marksman / Soldiers / Veteran rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I have looked in the rules and cannot find an answer to the question posed above.

The only place on the map with over-lapping spaces are the towers

My question is: can a cannon/pole occupy the same tower as Marksman / Soldiers / Veterans?

Also - what do units in a tower do? My assumption is that they can add their strength to an assault on either wall adjacent to the tower, am i correct? If so - would they support EACH adjacent wall - or only one or the other? And, can they be taken as casualties to stop a breach? Is there any other special advantage to a tower?

Thank you!

Karsten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
karstenengelmann wrote:
Hi!

I have looked in the rules and cannot find an answer to the question posed above.

The only place on the map with over-lapping spaces are the towers

My question is: can a cannon/pole occupy the same tower as Marksman / Soldiers / Veterans?

No. One or the other but not both.

Quote:
Also - what do units in a tower do? My assumption is that they can add their strength to an assault on either wall adjacent to the tower, am i correct? If so - would they support EACH adjacent wall - or only one or the other? And, can they be taken as casualties to stop a breach? Is there any other special advantage to a tower?

Thank you!

Karsten

Marksmen on the Tower can fire at the Invaders in Assault Phase 1 Range Attack Stage 3. Their advantage is they will never be tied up in melee (like units on the wall) and so will always be able to fire. Also, they can fire at multiple ramparts opposite them.

Veterans and Soldiers don't do anything special up in the towers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.