Lee Liebeskind

Maryland
msg tools
hey I am pretty new to this and only have an iphone and macbook, but I am looking for some good games for them in the worker placement or card drafting category.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know about any drafting games, but Caylus is worker placement, and a top draft pick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Havre

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/le-havre-the-harbor/id5176858...

edit: this is designed by the same guy who designed Agricola. Agricola is often regarded as a top notch worker placement game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightfall involves card drafting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
resist.
badge
Eternity, said Frankie Lee with a voice as cold as ice; That's right, said Judas Priest, eternity, though you might call it paradise...
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Knizia's Money!. It's a quick light game. Very enjoyable implementation.

*card drafting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody above mentioned Le Havre. Le Havre is a great game, but the text on the iphone is extremely small. Hence. I would not get Le havre unless you have an ipad. I will second the recommendation for Caylus, but you need to be a bit familiar with the game. If you watch some video explanations of the board game, the iso version should not be too hard to figure out.

But another game I would highly recommend on the ipod/iphone is San Juan. I bought it a week ago and cannot stop playing it. My favorite ios game so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Liebeskind

Maryland
msg tools
I just downloaded Nightfall. The game is really complicated and a little hard to follow even after the tutorial. But it looks really fun, will have to keep trying it till I understand it better.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Liebeskind

Maryland
msg tools
I saw Le Havre, but was worried about the text and not being familiar with the game...also only have an iPhone so probably would need to wait till I get an iPad for that.

A buddy of mine mentioned San Juan so I will look into that.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly worker placement, but Carcassone is XLNT on the iPhone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dantehicks36 wrote:
I saw Le Havre, but was worried about the text and not being familiar with the game...also only have an iPhone so probably would need to wait till I get an iPad for that.

A buddy of mine mentioned San Juan so I will look into that.

Thanks

I play Le Havre on the iphone all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skifreak737 wrote:
Not exactly worker placement, but Carcassone is XLNT on the iPhone.

I dunno, them little meeples can work pretty hard sometimes. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.