Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Crowd buying X-Wing (UK only) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some success running similar crowds for Game of Thrones, Eclipse and Descent (twice) I am pleased to offer a pre-order crowd for the X-Wing Miniatures Game in the UK. Currently listed due date is "September" but I'll update this thread as I get more details from our supplier.

What we're looking for is a crowd of 6-10 people interested in pre-ordering X-Wing for delivery as soon as it's available in the UK.

We will do it for £28 including VAT and delivery - provided we get at least six copies ordered so we can get a bulk discount from the supplier.

Board Game Geek will get 3% of each sale (the same as if this was a marketplace order) and there is a marketplace listing if you wish to process it that way.

Send me a geekmail or post in the thread here if you are interested in joining this crowd. I'll then get back to you privately to discuss delivery options and send you a paypal invoice once we have a date from the distributor.

Happy gaming!

Christian

P.S. Other crowds running at the moment:
* Descent 2nd edition, crowd closes on Friday 10th August
* Mage Knight (3rd Printing), estimated date early September
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick update:

the expansions will be £10 each if ordered at the same time as the main game, so you can get the game plus all four expansions for £68 inc delivery. If I get more than 6 orders for any given expansion there'll be 50p off that expansion.

The dice pace would be £5.75 (if ordered with the base game), but I'll throw it in for £5 extra if you want to get the complete collection!

In detail:
- base game only: £28
+ x-wing expansion: £10
+ y-wing expansion: £10
+ tie fighter expansion: £10
+ tie advanced expansion: £10
+ dice pack: £5.75
- base game plus all four expansions: £68
- base game plus all four expansions and dice: £73

C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hamilton
United Kingdom
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sent Christian my order. This guy is on the boil - quick reply and thorough instructions and organisation. Will definitely do business with him again should the chance arrive.
Well done Christian. (The Force is strong in this one!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have 3 confirmed pre-orders for the base game and 2 or 3 orders for each of the expansions. If anyone else would like to join the pre-order crowd just let me know.

@janglybits - Thanks for the positive feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we're all about giving you the best possible deal, we have reduced the price for the base game to £25.30 inc delivery which (I think) is the best UK pre-order price you can find anywhere.

The price list is now:

- base game only: £25.30
+ x-wing expansion: £10
+ y-wing expansion: £10
+ tie fighter expansion: £10
+ tie advanced expansion: £10
+ dice pack: £5.75
- base game plus all four expansions: £65
- base game plus all four expansions and dice: £70

The people that have already placed pre-orders will also get these prices. If anybody else would like to join the crowd just let me know!

C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the launch date for X-Wing approaches ominously (like a death star you might say) it's not yet too late to get in on the pre-order crowd. Just PM me or post in the forum if you're interested and I'll send you more info.

C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Horrid Beast wrote:
That is definitely the way to spoil the plans of someone else... I think this fellow is doing their best.

The way I see it, an FLGS has the advantage of being friendly and local compared to buying online. I pay higher prices there because of that. Both of those don't apply here (well, the friendly bit probably will, but I can't really judge that)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
which retailers offer this cheaper than boardgamemonster? the ones I checked were all more expensive when including postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to agree with Josephus. I checked out a few prices at other online stores and found them cheaper. I realise that in the past some of the other offers this company have done were good but this is not one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark cam
England
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Hey there

By way of positive feedback for Christian I just wanted to say that my order came through on Friday (He must have sold his soul to the delivery company!) and a huge box of Christmassy loveliness it was too! Good communication, Good packaging, Good service. Will definitely be pestering him again when wave two hits.

Regards, MirthMatter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mirthmatter wrote:
Hey there

By way of positive feedback for Christian I just wanted to say that my order came through on Friday (He must have sold his soul to the delivery company!) and a huge box of Christmassy loveliness it was too! Good communication, Good packaging, Good service. Will definitely be pestering him again when wave two hits.

Regards, MirthMatter.

Yep, mine also arrive for collection with collect+ on friday. I collected yesterday (it arrived a bit too late for me to get from work).

Great communications from Christian, well packaged and for a good price as well

I'm looking forward to getting a game this afternoon

Many thanks
Andy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, thanks for the positive feedback - was a pleasure delivering your fleets to you!

To everyone: I'm thinking about running a similar crowd for people that would like to buy at least one each of the four upcoming expansions (Millenium Falcon, Slave I, Tie Interceptor + A Wing). Get in touch if you would be interested in this. If there is a nucleus of interest then I'll do some research into pricing and see what we can do for you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josephus wrote:
boardgamemonster wrote:
If there is a nucleus of interest then I'll do some research into pricing and see what we can do for you all!

The cheapest online prices I could find are:

Base Set @ £19.50 each
Wave 1 Expansions @ £9.12 each

Delivery is free to any UK address.

All items in stock and available to purchase at time of post.

Hi, Josephus.

I can not find which retailer has it at that price (after an extensive search of the uk online game retailers I know of along with a google shopping search and amazon), it is ridiculously cheap, who ever is selling at that price can not be making anything on the base set or the expansions by selling at those prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Josephus wrote:
boardgamemonster wrote:
If there is a nucleus of interest then I'll do some research into pricing and see what we can do for you all!

The cheapest online prices I could find are:

Base Set @ £19.50 each
Wave 1 Expansions @ £9.12 each

Delivery is free to any UK address.

All items in stock and available to purchase at time of post.

Those are some awesome prices... so much so that it would have been cheaper for me to buy the base sets from them and get them to ship direct to customers than it would be for me to buy from the distributor at wholesale prices and ship them myself! Even with bulk discounts from the distributor.

I would love to know how they do it

Out of interest, who is the company? I might be using them in future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just buy at my FLGS I'm not sure, but this time it's very possible that they're not much more expensive than online sellers, after shipping and taxes. Plus, the service is much better - one of my ships was missing two pegs, and I got those replaced on the very next day without any hassle whatsoever. No OLGS can match that speed and quality of service

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josephus wrote:

Thanks.

Wow they are good prices.

I have actually never heard of Foyles book stores, so it would not be on my game buying radar.

I see the trade off is a delay in getting them as they come from the states.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Josephus wrote:

Hi Josephus,

thanks for the links - that's really great to know.

Although I know of Foyles book stores, I never thought about checking their prices for board games so will definitely look them up in future when we do price comparisons.

Have you bought from them in the past - and, if so, how long did delivery take?

C

P.S. it's somewhat bizarre that they charge less for delivery than they do for in-store pick up but there you go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, done some more research and their prices are undeniably awesome!

I think they're taking the US RRP, converting it into £ and then discounting from there... marvellous!

E.g. Mansions of Madness UK RRP is £64.99 and US RRP is $79.99. Foyles have listed the MoM RRP as £48.77 ($80 converted ito £GBP) and then taken 25% off from there. The end price of £36.58 (including delivery) is CHEAPER than the UK wholesale price (exc delivery to our customer)! This means that, even as a retailer, it would be cheaper for me to buy my games from Foyles than from the UK distributor.

How bizarre yet wonderful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that if you buy from them to the UK, halfway through the ordering process they will realise that you want to ship to a UK address and add in VAT.

In fact I've just run halfwy through the ordering process and am seeing this:
Total excluding VAT: £19.50
VAT(sales tax) charged only where applicable: £0.00

So .. er .. well, you can give it a go and see if they don't add it in and then honour the order. Book depository did that when they didn't add VAT to an order I made. But I wouldn't expect this to be a competative price for the actual market, this is not supposed to be a consumer price and the loop-hole will be fixed if it currently exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to say:

Total number of items: 1
Sub total for items: £19.50
Total excluding VAT: £19.50
VAT(sales tax) charged only where applicable: £0.00
Credit/Debit card payment value: £19.50
Order total including VAT: GBP £19.50

So it looks like they've added no VAT to the price but said that the price includes VAT... are they accidentally zero-rating board games (like books)?

Who knows? But lets not over-analyse it in case they change things - just enjoy the prices

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.