Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
David writes:

This was my second go at this game, and Donna's first. I like the game, 3 or 4 player. How many variants on trick-taking could there be? This one's different again. There are 4 rounds of trick-taking (in a 4 player game). You have to follow suit if you can, but if you can't then you can choose to trump. If you don't choose to trump then the next player not to follow suit can trump. Of course, a player can play a higher trump. And there are are the 2 super-trumps that win anything. Then, cards of the same value as a card already played can be declared higher or lower when played.

Apart from the trick-taking aspect of the game, each player identifies the bargain card (1's, or 2's, or 3's etc etc) they wish to collect this round. Bargain cards count towards your positive score. Non-bargain cards (trash) count as negative at the end of the game. So, if you win a trick of 4 cards with only 1 bargain card in it then you seem to score 1 minus 3 (total minus 2). However, between rounds you can throw out all cards of 1 value from your trash (1's, or 2's etc etc). In a 4 player game, when thowing out these trashy cards, all cards in excess of 2 can be added to your positive score. So, trash is turned into gold! Hence, Bargain Hunter! In the last round you get a bonus "trash into gold" round.

Clever game.

The first game was close:-

Donna : 21 -20 = 1
David : 13 - 8 = 5
Alan : 7 -4 = 3
Janet : 11 - 10 = 1

We liked it, and played another. Janet romped home:-

David : 6-7 = -1 (it all went horribly wrong!)
Alan : 4 - 2 = 2
Janet : 24 - 15 = 9 (this is very good score, I think)
Donna : 20 - 17 = 3

David's Rating:- 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.