BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: Electrical Mahjong 1924 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Growlin
Estonia
flag msg tools
Hello!

I would like to know, what my Mahjong set is worth. It is in mint condition with really minor damages to the edges of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
How bizarre!

I'd venture that any value it does hold is as a British Empire Exhibition collectible rather than as a game. It's definitely not something any typical Mah Jong collector would be after.

ebay.co.uk shows a completed listing from June 29 that failed to sell at 100 pounds. Worthpoint has one that sold in September 2011: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/electrical-mah-jong-we...

You have to be a Worthpoint member [which I am not] in order to check the sale price, though. Based on the unsuccessful eBay listing, I'd guess you'd be lucky to get 50 pounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
But Western Electric is a U.S. company, so it may have value on eBay here. But yeah, it would be less for the game, and moreso for the WE ties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Growlin
Estonia
flag msg tools
Well, I also saw this Mahjong set going for 200-300 euros on some auctions back in 2005. And those sets had more damage than mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to ask that much for it if you like. :shrug:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Funnily enough, I came across one of these the other day. Oxfam UK were selling it for £100 on their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Mah Jong with cards is not my kind of Mah Jong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Growlin
Estonia
flag msg tools
But where can I try to sell that? I haven't got an eBay account and trying to sell this sort of rare item with no reputation seems risky and the local collectors have NO interest in it. Maybe we should offer it to some museum for some money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.