Subject: Can you set spawn points on fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Yes, though some status effects are more detrimental than others. Oooh, that's what I get for working from the rulebook and being too lazy to go check the card. blush (As Marc Santi points out below, they're immune.)

On the map, spawning points are treated the same as any other minion. It's just that they have certain characteristics: no action points, no move points, and can't be spawned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Santi
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mb
The spawn point cards say "immune: status effects", so no, they cannot be set on fire or get any other status effects for that matter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Kid
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember it specifically being mentioned.

However, spawn points never Activate. So being on Fire wouldn't ever cause damage. (and I can't think of any status effects that would apply to spawn points)

A question I had about them was if that minion with the shield ability (don't remember his name) used his ability near a spawn point. Does the spawn point get the bonus die roll to ARM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, the fact that Spawning Points have IMMUNE: STAUS EFFECTS on them is a hint

brhees wrote:
A question I had about them was if that minion with the shield ability (don't remember his name) used his ability near a spawn point. Does the spawn point get the bonus die roll to ARM?

Shieldwall: Augment, Aura 1, +1 Blue die ARM

It applies to friendly models (due to Augment) so the +1 Blue die ARM applies to Spawning Points as they are friendly models as well,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.