United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still working on the Strategy Guides for Battleconnection.com (here: http://www.battleconnection.com/index.php?option=com_content...) but time is pretty tight these days, and I would appreciate the help of the community in the endeavor.

If you've played a favorite character at least 20 times (the more the better), I'd like to invite you to write a players' guide for inclusion on the main site. Here's a good example of a guide to check out: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/827796/a-robert-guide-and-th...

Thanks to everyone who gets involved and has already gotten involved!

- Brad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Here's a good example"

*squee*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Mage
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main character I use the most is Demitras, I've played at least a dozen times with him now. However, so far it has only been against my brother who uses either Hikaru or Rukyuk, and I don't feel it's enough data to create a guide.

Any tips on how to create a good strategy guide can help me create one for Demitras, if I can, thanks.

Here's hoping for more strategy guides laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good way to get a "grip" on your character would be indeed to play at least 20 games with him.

It is also quite important to take note of the types of characters when you fight opponents.

Luckily for you, your brother uses the 2 "staples" for 2 of the Archetypes.

Ryukuk is the living embodiment of the "hit and run" tactic. As such, knowing how to fight him means you'd probably know how to fight Kalistar or Khadath.

Hikaru on the other hand is in the "hit and stun" archetype. That is, by knowing how to fight Hikaru, you then, in effect, learn how to fight people like Demitras and Luc.

I believe you're only lacking in the "heavy hitter" archetype. This is the archetype which is defined by Cedenza.

So, in my opinion, just fight a few Cadenza games and you should know enough to make a guide.

Also, take note of Attack Pairs that work against all these characters. These attacks will become your "Notable Combos"

In addition, try to remember which attacks you open with. These become your "Openers"

Finally, true mastery is shown when you reverse it. Fight AGAINST a Demitras. If you can easily predict his moves and easily beat him, that means you've memorized most of his attacks and possible combos.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Mage
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips, that helps a lot. I do have 2 openers I always use. Jousting Strike for melee start or Darkside Shot for a range start. If I remember right, my friend I meet with at a church I go to every Sunday uses Cadenza, I haven't played against him yet though, it'll be a good test.

PS: About my name, Red Mage is a name I use even amongst my friends for real. My friends at church, my game group, my study group, they all call me Red Mage (or just Red).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny. I know a guy named Red too.

Anyway, ever considered using Jousting Drive?
The move lends to itself.

Teleport Adjacent > Switch Sides > Hit > Advance to opposite side
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Mage
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why didn't I think of that, I'll try it as my 3rd 'begin combo'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:
Funny. I know a guy named Red too.

Anyway, ever considered using Jousting Drive?
The move lends to itself.

Teleport Adjacent > Switch Sides > Hit > Advance to opposite side

I love that trick so much.
Demi: "Hi! Bye!"
Everyone except Rukyuk: "&*%!@&*$!#"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hi! Bye!"

Those words sum up Demi's game pretty well.

Also, who knew that Demitras could deal 10 Damage with a 15 Priority attack @_@
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.