10 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Combining Editions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Mondaro
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own everything from 1st edition and I just got 2nd edition and I like what I see so far.

I was wondering, other than the converted heroes and monsters with the conversion kit, what other components from 1st edition can be used with 2nd edition? What components from 1 ed. definitely do not translate (like the old overlord cards).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None...

You can use the minis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use coins to help track how much gold the party has during a session, but other than that there's nothing from 1E that translates to 2E.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Russo
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sethala wrote:
You could use coins to help track how much gold the party has during a session, but other than that there's nothing from 1E that translates to 2E.

Yes, I think the coins would add a nice touch to the game. If you are one of those people that is upset about search tokens instead of chests, you could use the treasure chest tokens from the 1st edition too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethala wrote:

I'm still waiting on mine from my FLGS, but awww they didn't make use of the killer stomach tile and swallow whole?yuk

EDIT: The Road to Legend storage boxes are useful too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the RtL storage boxes, the familiar tokens, the Stomach tile, and the Monkey token.

Also, drink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Von Penguin
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried putting them together but the board pieces appear at first glance to be the same size and shape. So you could probably use first edition tiles to make custom quests. Or at least the rubble, pits, and water to modify the new boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rosso
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the other way around? Could you play first edition quests and such with second edition rules? Any way to use RtL with second edition combat rules, etc roarer hey too different? (I haven't played either edition yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2nd Edition in quest book the last 2 pages have some info for the monsters, lieutenands and heroes! is there something similar to the 1st edition? i am going to get the CK and i would like to know the back story of each new hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vonpenguin wrote:
I haven't tried putting them together but the board pieces appear at first glance to be the same size and shape. So you could probably use first edition tiles to make custom quests. Or at least the rubble, pits, and water to modify the new boards.

The tiles do fit together, but they are not snug - there will be a gap between the pieces. There is a picture of this somewhere on these boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.