Blood of Heroes - Difficulty
The Twin Idols - Mobility
The Twin Idols - Offense
The Twin Idols - Defense
The Twin Idols - Relevancy
The Twin Idols - Difficulty
      1 answer
Poll created by The RedEye
Hi all, I wanted to create a spoiler-free introductions to the missions that gave enough pertinent information to Heroes without spoiling the fun of finding out what's there. It would involve a narrative based intro that would introduce the first scenario and hints as to what they might expect in the second. But the biggest drawback for me is that I haven't really played enough to warrant giving difficulty ratings for the encounters. So please help by giving your thoughts on the missions and how they stack. Namely, these traits:

Mobility X/10 - How important the mobility of your team is

Offense X/10 - How important it is to have strong items and deal a lot of damage

Deffense X/10 - How important it is to have defensive items, or how much defending a location/item/objective is.

Difficulty: X/10 - If we get enough responses, one for each number of players, but base will be 4 Heroes

Relevancy: X/10 - How relevant winning scenario 1 is to scenario 2

Reward: Will be taken from the book, so don't worry

For example, I would rate Fat Goblin as:

Mobility: 7/10
Offense: 4/10
Defense: 8/10
Difficulty: 3/10
Relevancy: 2/10
Reward: XP and money

If we have enough responses for other numbers of players, it might look like this:

Difficulty 6/4/3  
Relevancy 2
Reward: XP and money.

Notice the difference in the Difficulty rating. This would mean that Difficulty is 6/10 for 2 players, 4/10 for 3 players and 3/10 for 4 players.

Ratings of 0 indicate that you haven't played the mission yet. 1 is considered easiest and 10 is the most difficult. If you have two ratings for the two separate parts of the mission, pick the more difficult one. In my example of Fat Goblin, I'd rank defense in the first encounter as 3, and 8 in part two. Because of that, I put 8 as my rating.

Thanks to all who have and will help and thanks for the constant suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Equipment and XP are also huge factors in the difficulty of a given quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Angeles

New York
msg tools
mb
I'm not looking for very accurate reviews of missions (though that would be nice). Really, this is aimed more as a tool to help newer players decide which quests to do instead of reading them al in detail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Fat Goblin,

I would say that encounter 1 is a "race" encounter that requires speed, and encounter 2 is a "hold the line" encounter that requires damage output, defense, and stun/immobilize.

For Castle Daerion

I would say that encounter 1 is a "race" encounter that requires speed, and damage output, and encounter 2 is a "guard" encounter that requires damage output, speed, and defense.

For Cardinal's Plight

I would say that encounter 1 is a "race" encounter that requires speed, and encounter 2 is a "race" encounter that requires speed, damage output, and defense. (Have a high level in the attribute that heals the cardinal is good, I forget what it is at the moment).

For Masquerade Ball

I would say that encounter 1 is a "race" encounter that requires speed, and damage output, and encounter 2 is a "chase" encounter that requires speed and stun/immobilize. Must have a plan for getting through the door in encounter 2. (Harder for 2 heroes)

***Note this is the classic quest that will be very difficult for some hero groups and easy for others. It all depends on how hard or easy it is for the heroes to get through the door in encounter 2 and stun/immobilize/or even outright kill the Lady on turn 1. One really useful thing is to find and save a stamina potion in encounter 1.

For Death on the Wing

I would say that encounter 1 is a "race" encounter that requires speed, and high might, and encounter 2 is a "chase" encounter that requires damage output and stun/immobilize. (Easier for 2 heroes)

You could probably list skills/equipment that help in the quest.

The difficulty depends on the party make up classes/number, equipment, and skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like youperguy's breakdown, rate it by the important aspects of the encounter:
1. Mobility
2. Offense
3. Defense
4. Overall Difficulty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Angeles

New York
msg tools
mb
Sounds good we'll do that and add the relevancy of encounter 1's success as the fifth stat. Let's also assume the higher difficulty stays between both encounters. For example, offense isn't as important in the first part of masquarade ball as the second, but well keep the more difficult part's number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Oord
Netherlands
SNAKKERBUREN
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why not make a poll for every scenario, so everyone can vote?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Angeles

New York
msg tools
mb
I was under the impression that polls would be the regular 1 question-many choices. I didn't know they had a matrix poll system. The former would have been cumbersome and would have needed like 100 threads. But thanks a LOT for making me check. This works much better now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.