7 Posts

World of Warcraft: The Boardgame» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ability seperate from your Reroll value rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rx rox
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Some talents allow you to reroll certain dice - either at the beginning of the reroll step, during the reroll step or at the end of the dice pool step and it says this ability is separate from your reroll value.

Does this mean I can reroll for example all red die (if the talent says so) for free, before the actual reroll, and than roll the same dice again in the reroll using my reroll value, (= if i have reroll 3 - I reroll all red's, then again I can reroll 3 of them in the reroll step.)

or does it mean I get to reroll only once, but can roll these dice in adittion to my reroll value - (= if i have reroll 3, I reroll all red plus 3 blue)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, reroll that is handled during the reroll step has the text format REROLL + /x\, where x is a number of dice, and those dice can be associated with a color. Anything that uses a different format is separate, and you can reroll them separate from their reroll value. SO the answer to your question is yes, you can reroll them before the actual reroll.

If you post the text in question, we can give you more specifics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
"this ability is separate from your reroll value" = use it and then may also re-roll with standard REROLL value
(as in your first answer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rx rox
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Ok, for example druids lvl 3 talent;
Nature's Grasp:
End of your dice pool step: you may reroll any number of /G\ once. These dice may also be rerolled during your reroll step using your reroll value.

-Here its clear how it works since the text describes exactlly what to do.

Than here is Divine Intervention; a lvl 4 paladin talent:
Start of your reroll step: You may reroll any number of /R\. This ability is separate from your reroll value.

Do this 2 talents works the same way ? If so, why the extensive wording on Nature's grasp and not on Divine intervention ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
rockyx wrote:
Do this 2 talents works the same way ?

Yes.
rockyx wrote:
If so, why the extensive wording on Nature's grasp and not on Divine intervention ?

FFG games are notoriously lacking in that sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, the talents work the same way. Not sure why they're worded differently, but probably that's a proofreading error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rx rox
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Apart from the timing ofc, but this is obvious. (dice pool step vs. reroll step)

Ty for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.