Hide
1 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Variants

Subject: Creating a campaign without Road to Legends. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tio Hernandez
msg tools
I want to change the way the game works so that my players can take the same heroes with the same money and the same items through several dungeons and still be challenged.

MY IDEAS FOR CHANGES:
>1. No more money/potions/glyphs/chests everywhere.
>2. Chests only gives one treasure. Not one per Hero. ONE, along with maybe some potions or money
>3. Glyphs no longer give Conquest. Conquest is earned by completing quests + optional objective bonuses and carry over from quest to quest.
>4. To compensate for weaker heroes, dying only loses you 100 gold, but you stay one turn in town + lose all your money if you have less than 100 gold.
>5. Heroes must carry master monsters 'heads' in their pack and take them back to town if they want to collect on bounty.

MAYBES:
>1. Make skills and traits more expensive? Cap on max number of skills?
>2. Nerf selling of copper/silver/gold treasure?
>3. Put some kind of price on using glyphs to return to town in the middle of a quest?

There's still so much i'm unclear on. We are going to meet this saturday and I'm going to try to pitch this to them. I'd like to have a more concise plan laid out before I do though. Any thoughts?

Pic is the starting scenario I created with this new system in mind.

ImageShack.us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.