Will Fogg
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!

Ive only played two games so far, and one of the situations that provoked much debating was the ability of Dr. Crusher to take a crew card from the discard pile and add it to your hand.

If we follow the text to the letter, it would imply that the player now would have 5 cards in his hand. I was looking in the rule book for some sentence that specified that 4 cards was the limit to any players hand, but it only says you take 4 cards at the beginning of the game and afterwards, you draw a card everytime you play one.

The fact that now one player would have 5 cards in his hand for the rest of the game was judged to be unfair by us, and so we ruled that after assigning the rescued crew card to a ship, the player wouldnt draw a replacement card, thus having only 4 cards in his hand for the rest of the game.

I have looked through the FAQ and found no reference to this, and I would like a ruling or at least some opinions on how to play this.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you provide the card text for those of us who don't have the game in front of us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't impose a hand limit. If you can play cards to allow extra draws or more cards-in-hand, good for you. You chose your starting decks well, maybe. Why punish that player?

My impression is that the Federation get more bang-for-buck from their cards anyway, which is fine, it's more thematic (Fed crewmembers are always saving the day vs their more "predictable" enemies in the shows/movies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boss Trojan wrote:
My impression is that the Federation get more bang-for-buck from their cards anyway, which is fine, it's more thematic (Fed crewmembers are always saving the day vs their more "predictable" enemies in the shows/movies).

I'm all for being true to theme, but in the show the Feds are always saving the day because the Feds always get to win. That would make for a boring game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.