Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of this series.

I am leaning towards Hurtgen2012 over Wacht am Rhein 2012, but I am open minded.

My leaning is the result of the relative rarity of games on the Hurtgen campaign, compared with the large number of Bulge games.

Which do you prefer? And why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
401k? More like .357
United States
Bodymore
Murderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have both GBII and Case Blue microbadges...which tells me you're going to buy both of them anyway and combine them.

It's in your nature. Do not deny your nature.sauron

Been fiddling with it recently; not the biggest fan of the system.

Unfortunately, MMP won't be addressing the Bulge/Hurtgen anytime soon with their Grand Tactical Series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent a year with the original WaRII awhile back. I have posted pictures and opinions in the forum for the game here on BGG. I like the system, but it isn't for the faint of heart. It does have a learning curve and the rules are in perpetual flux. According to CSW the latest edition of WaRII has quite a few counter errors. Evidently Hurtgen Forest has very few. When I was playing the game I settled on a set of rules and went with it. Once past the learning curve it is quite fun. Grand tactical is quite appropriate to describe the scale. Hurtgen Forest might be the better one to start with and if you like it add WaRII. By that time they may have the replacement counters out. I'm sticking with my original WaRII.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.