Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Shows similar to TableTop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Does anyone know of any decent shows/reviewers on Youtube that regularly host board game related stuff on their show?

Preferably at the quality of TableTop - I understand this is probably a long shot.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Rorberg
Canada
Sudbury
Ontario
flag msg tools
I like the watch it played series. I think that's what it's called. He plays games with his kids. Pretty good quality. Also the dice tower is good too.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agree with above poster about WatchItPlayed. Very good series, very good quality.

I also watch BlackBeltGaming, the LonesomeGamer, and my other favorite, MythosGamer on YouTube. These 3 are mostly solo games though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OLeary
United States
Roosevelt
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy Shut up & Sit Down.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/show/shut-up-sit-down
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
Avatar
mb
mrninjit wrote:


Preferably at the quality of TableTop - I understand this is probably a long shot.


Yes it is. That's essentially professionally produced.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The size of the credit list at the end blew me away for TableTop.

I second Shut up & Sit Down as a great show though, Its entertainment with a mad cap quality to it.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Reed
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
I learned about modern boardgames via the Gameshelf videos a couple of years ago.

http://gameshelf.jmac.org/videos/gameshelf-tv/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gash
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend
Jonathan Bove

New York
msg tools
mbmb
has a youtube channel where he reviews games but includes a short skit before each review, he posts reviews each Saturday check him out at Dice Camera Actions youtube page.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bove

New York
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Dave! Our new official schedule is to get a new video out every Monday. I try to be as professional as possible, using my film making background whenever possible. Check it out!

www.YouTube.com/DiceCameraAction
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bortell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
A good one that I recently found is Under The Table. It's a group of five friends and they have a 6th guest star each episode aside from the first. All but one of the hosts gets toasted while they all sit around and play different board games. Some of the games they've played are Ticket to Ride, Arkham Horror (2 part season finale), BANG!, Superfight, etc. There is also a themed drink for each episode that they show you how to make. It is pretty funny at times and the game play is usually good and entertaining.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK LIU
msg tools
mbmbmb
I really like Board Game Replay on Youtube

Their group is good and he does a good rules runthrough at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/user/boardgamereplay
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Watch It Played is fantastic. It's exactly what I look for in a gaming video (or in this case, videos). It's all about the game, first a quick explanation, then a breakdown of the rules (which are always very clear), then a series of videos playing the game turn by turn. Rodney Smith has taught me how to play Small World and Zombicide through his videos, as well as Kemet which I don't even own. Videos like this help me to understand if I actually want the game or not, much more than reviews (usually) do.

Shut Up and Sit Down is hilarious. It's also brilliant. It's a semi-review/semi-look at this game! show. It's well written, well-produced and gets me excited for games I don't have any interest in.

Plus neither of these chuck their games around like Vasel does, which is awesome.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidSL wrote:
Shut Up and Sit Down is hilarious. It's also brilliant. It's a semi-review/semi-look at this game! show. It's well written, well-produced and gets me excited for games I don't have any interest in.

Plus neither of these chuck their games around like Vasel does, which is awesome.

LOL! I have seen the Shut Up & Sit Down guys fling game boxes around, stuff the game pieces in their mouths, and in the most recent review video bury a copy of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases in the dirt (and quickly dig it up again, but still).

If the failure to treat board games like spun glass is going to make your eye twitch, don't watch SU&SD! laugh

I completely agree that they make excellent and entertaining videos, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
ttallan wrote:
LOL! I have seen the Shut Up & Sit Down guys fling game boxes around, stuff the game pieces in their mouths, and in the most recent review video bury a copy of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases in the dirt (and quickly dig it up again, but still).

If the failure to treat board games like spun glass is going to make your eye twitch, don't watch SU&SD! laugh

I completely agree that they make excellent and entertaining videos, though.


Haha, maybe I need to watch some more of these guys then!

Watching other people throw their games around doesn't bother me, it's just the WAY Vasel does it that gets me. I don't even mind the component drop, it's just his blatant disregard for components whilst explaining games that makes me think, 'Hey! Someone made that, you aren't the God of games!'

I suppose good humour can allow you to get away with it more easily, which is why I love the SU&SD guys.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spellslingers is probably the show most similar to Tabletop.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Simpson
United States
Camby
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a very TableTop like show done by the youtube channel known as Game Grumps called Table Flip.

http://www.polarisgo.com/browse/shows/tag/table-flip/page/0


Guest stars Youtube video game personalities playing a lot of light or party games. (Things like Coup, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, and Dixit )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidSL wrote:
ttallan wrote:
LOL! I have seen the Shut Up & Sit Down guys fling game boxes around, stuff the game pieces in their mouths, and in the most recent review video bury a copy of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases in the dirt (and quickly dig it up again, but still).

If the failure to treat board games like spun glass is going to make your eye twitch, don't watch SU&SD! laugh

I completely agree that they make excellent and entertaining videos, though.


Haha, maybe I need to watch some more of these guys then!

Watching other people throw their games around doesn't bother me, it's just the WAY Vasel does it that gets me. I don't even mind the component drop, it's just his blatant disregard for components whilst explaining games that makes me think, 'Hey! Someone made that, you aren't the God of games!'

I suppose good humour can allow you to get away with it more easily, which is why I love the SU&SD guys.


It's a damn game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy E
msg tools
mbmbmb
+1 for Watch It Played. Of all the various board game channels that I've watched (Dice Tower, Table Top, Rahdo Runs Through, etc.), Watch It Played is consistently the only one that gets me to buy new games, because it's the show that, in my opinion, gives the best sense of what the game play is really like. It's easy for me to tell if I'll like a game from watching the Watch It Played series, whereas I'm never really sure from watching a Dice Tower review.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.