Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Has anyone checked out the new deck building, video-game themed card game Pixel Lincoln that was recently funded on Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/springboard/pixel-lincol...)?

It looks like they shoved everything I love - Retro Video Games, Parody, Unique Gameplay, Character Customisation - all into one pot and stewed it up to create Pixel Lincoln.

The artwork is spot on for the theme, the gameplay has put a unique spin on the deck building format, and the feel of playing is as dead on to a side-action scroller you could get.

I haven't pre-ordered a copy yet but it's definitely on my list. Has anyone had a chance to get a sneak peak at this game yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't, but there appear to be two independent videos and a review so far on the game's page, so it has seen some limited play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
MeGusta wrote:
Geez, just buy an ad already.

Sorry to disappoint your dubious outlook but no, this isn't my game. I just really like the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has been on my radar ever since I saw it on Kickstarter. I'm going to wait for release and some user reviews before getting it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Kaic wrote:
This game has been on my radar ever since I saw it on Kickstarter. I'm going to wait for release and some user reviews before getting it though.

All the reviews I've seen so far have been extremely biased and vague so it's been hard for me to gather an exact sense of what the game is about. But from what I've seen it looks very appealing to me.

If I pick up a copy you can rest assured I'll be posting a review .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moller
United States
Wyoming
DE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason Tagmire, the designer will have the game at GenCon next week. I had a chance to play it and liked it. I want to play it some more before I do a real review on my website cartrunk.net

We did do a live play of the game (played it live and streamed it,) with the designer and that is still available for viewing, takes less than hour...but there were some technical difficulties since we were using new equipment.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the game and I think many players will really enjoy it. It's fun and creative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
haccpmonkey wrote:
Jason Tagmire, the designer will have the game at GenCon next week. I had a chance to play it and liked it. I want to play it some more before I do a real review on my website cartrunk.net

We did do a live play of the game (played it live and streamed it,) with the designer and that is still available for viewing, takes less than hour...but there were some technical difficulties since we were using new equipment.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the game and I think many players will really enjoy it. It's fun and creative.

Where can I find this stream?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my friends backed it, so I'll give it a play or three when it comes out. If it holds up to multiple plays I'll buy a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moller
United States
Wyoming
DE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I do a crappy job updating my site, it seems... the video is still available at

http://cartrunk.net/special-live-event/

It's on my youtube channel (tried to link the video straight here but that was a fail.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.