Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!

But I need more information on gameplay before I can support its Kickstarter drive. I watched the video, but don't understand why a yellow two gets what it gets, and a yellow one gets first player...or whatever.

I want to like this game. I like the look, I like Weis and Hickman, I like Borg!

Will rules be posted before the Kickstarter is over, I wonder? I hope so.

WMReed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dahlman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hey William,
We're just waiting on a video from Tom Vasel so we can post that. It should answer most of your questions. We'll most definitely have the final rulebook up on the site before the end of the campaign as well.

And thanks for the compliment on the art, Shane Tyree has really done an amazing job and we couldn't be happier with the end result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched Tom Vasel's preview. This looks like a really enjoyable family game. One thing; what does the Dragon's Rage card do? I didn't see that covered in Tom's preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dahlman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
It effectively cancels a round of play by preventing anyone from winning the story when it is played. The last person to play a Dragon Rage card gets to go first on the next round, even if someone has already played a 1 that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Just watched Tom Vasel's preview. This looks like a really enjoyable family game. One thing; what does the Dragon's Rage card do? I didn't see that covered in Tom's preview.

Where's this video posted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmreed wrote:
mrspank wrote:

Where's this video posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUQ2AjHK3Sw&feature=g-all-u
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
A big mistake both the KS video and Tom's makes is a presumption of knowledge of trick taking terminology. I really struggled with both these videos trying to understand how the game actually plays, with constant mentions of trumps and tricks and whatnot. I think I have some glimmer of comprehension but it's still fairly murky. Plus, both videos specifically mention 3 and 4 player configuration, ignoring 2p, which makes me think that 2p is an afterthought as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
.... Plus, both videos specifically mention 3 and 4 player configuration, ignoring 2p, which makes me think that 2p is an afterthought as well...

Agree 100%. Unless I'm convinced this plays well with 2, it's a no-go for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hate to be such a naysayer, but for me the fact that it's a glorified trick taking game at the price point of $50 is an automatic pass for me.

It certainly is beautiful, and vaguely interesting, but I have Haggis, Tichu, Triumvirate, and Pinochle - and I got all those for a grand total of around $35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
jobin13 wrote:
Hate to be such a naysayer, but for me the fact that it's a glorified trick taking game at the price point of $50 is an automatic pass for me.

It certainly is beautiful, and vaguely interesting, but I have Haggis, Tichu, Triumvirate, and Pinochle - and I got all those for a grand total of around $35.

That was exactly my thought!

I was lured in by the beautiful game board and artwork, checked out the pledge levels and found the Journeyman Plus suitable for me.

Then I watched the video and found out, it's a trick taking game; don't get me wrong, I love Tichu, Haggis and others, but $100 for international ... I probably would have pledged for $50. Maybe. But not for a Hunnie. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Tyree
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey guys. We really tried to bring some elements of the setting into the play. Yes at the end of the day it is a trick taking game, but the minature, coin, and other rewards, are designed to be usable elsewhere. A 40mm mini can retail for like 15 bucks by itself. We tried to take an elegant game from Richard Borg, and give it a beautiful home. I think we did that, I really hope you agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Matthews
msg tools
I watched Tom Vasel preview as well and i am all for this game its fast paced easy to understand Also the art in it is breathtakingly beautiful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
urielx1x wrote:
Hey guys. We really tried to bring some elements of the setting into the play. Yes at the end of the day it is a trick taking game, but the minature, coin, and other rewards, are designed to be usable elsewhere. A 40mm mini can retail for like 15 bucks by itself. We tried to take an elegant game from Richard Borg, and give it a beautiful home. I think we did that, I really hope you agree!

I agree.
But it's just outside my price range ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
urielx1x wrote:

Well, I just don't get it. Why limit your audience that way with "extras" that are not needed for the game? There is no way I'm dropping $50 on this, but it would be an automatic purchase at a $25-30 price point. Not to mention the amount of space this game will take up for what is essentially a trick taking card game.

It does look like the KS campaign will hit the $10,000 goal, but I would urge you to produce a cheaper "light" version with cards and tokens only - I think it would sell much better.

Take a look at what Asmodee has done with card games like Mundus Novus and Divinare. These are solid, artful productions with just enough chrome at a MSRP of $29.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon de Silva
Australia
Silverwater
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
urielx1x wrote:

I agree.
But it's just outside my price range ...

With international shipping, this would cost me $90 for the base game.
Sorry, not even close to the mark for me.

It looks like international backers won't really be needed. All the best with the campaign; it's a great looking game.

Peace, Marlz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.