Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Arens
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Basic question ...

How exactly should I understand the "__% Against" statements on the advanced side of player cards?

I expect that it's the probability of success against an opponent of that handedness. But that doesn't seem likely, given the variations found on player cards (i.e., a card could have a very high percentage against left-handers and a very low against right-handers).

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is percent of that player's plate appearances that occurred against that handedness, and has nothing to do with effectiveness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Arens
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:
I believe it is percent of that player's plate appearances that occurred against that handedness, and has nothing to do with effectiveness.

If so (and it seems very likely), any ideas about how to use that information in playing SOM?

Edit: I.E., are those facts represented somehow in a player's probablistic outcomes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Arens
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had this question answered at a Strat-o-matic Fan Forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.