Subject: so what's next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i may be being a little presumptuous but it is not looking like this game is going to make it through kickstarter.

It is a shame because I really do think it will be a good one. I love the artwork, the mechanics seems refreshing, plus the designer is very active on bgg.

Not sure why it didn't make it. Maybe the theme is a little too played out, not enough press, ect. Just wondering what is next for this game since it seems the designer is really behind it, which I love. I would love to get a chance to play it......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas P. Felder
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question!
May just copy the kickstarter campaign and start it over again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words!

I do get behind this game and it will eventually produced.
The KS is not going as well as I planned, I still have hope (little but still...) that more backers will get behind it.
I did some crucial mistakes over this KS project and I hope to fix them in my re-launch project that might follow in case we won't succeed in this one.

Thanks again,

Elad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sternenfahrer-MUC wrote:
Good question!
May just copy the kickstarter campaign and start it over again?

This is my last update in this project as I decided to cancel the funding since we could not reach our goal.
Sad day, but I must say I really believe that we can manage to make it happen this time.

I was very skeptical about Kickstarter and the whole crowd funding experience, but I can tell you that it was my best move towards publishing my game.
I got many positive responses to my game and you have all been very supportive as you not only backed my game but gave me tips and pointers throughout my project run. As a result of your kind words and a growing player's community I decided to re-launch the game in the near future (very near!).

Without Kickstarter I would not have gotten a distributor on board. My new distributor will distribute the game worldwide, thus reducing my shipping and handling costs for any future pledge levels and it will make sure that the game will be on every big FLGS shelve!
Another big change is the signing of our new graphic designer (as I already updated previously), he will speed up production and make the game much more affordable, and more importantly, stunningly beautiful.
Production costs got lowered even more as I found a new manufacturer who is willing to commit to our game and support cheaper small print runs (thus making each pledge level significantly lower). He also stated that he is willing to produce the game as early as this upcoming October!

For all international backers I want to add that the game is now getting translated (the rule book) into Dutch, German, French and Italian. The game will also undergo a non- language-dependent streamline graphical makeover which will make it more accessible.

I believe in this game and your vote of confidence convinces me to invest even more funds into it so we can achieve an almost final product by the time I re-launch the project.

I will keep updating you through my website: www.goldenegggame.com and through the game page at BGG.

I wish to thank each and every one of you for your sincere support in my game.

I am sure that with your help in our re-launched project, the game will be published and you will get your copy of the game faster than you might expect.

Yours,

Elad Goldsteen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the status for the winners of the contest here at BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.