Popular Tags: [View All]
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread devoted to posting the decks you are planning to use at your local FNM each week and then let us know how the deck did afterwards. Just post your deck before the event and then come back to the thread afterwards and post how well your deck performed. Maybe post what decks you were able to beat and which ones you didn't do to well against. Also, post some changes you plan to make to your deck for the next week, if you plan to make any changes (if you plan to use the same deck).

Anyways... This is the deck I plan to use tomorrow:

-------------------
Creatures (28)
4x Gravecrawler
4x Diregraf Ghoul
4x Blood Artist
4x Highborn Ghoul
4x Geralf's Messenger
4x Diregraf Captain
2x Grimgin, Corpse Born (gonna give him a try)

Spells (10)
2x Barter in Blood
2x Murder
4x Tragic Slip
2x Killing Wave

Land (24)
4x Drowned Catacombs
3x Evolving Wild
1x Island
16x Swamp

Sideboard
3x Cower in Fear
3x Vile Rebirth
2x Sign in Blood
2x Murder
3x Ghoulcaller's Chant
1x Curse of Death's Hold
-------------------

I have 4x Evil Twin coming in the mail, but I don't know if they will arrive in time for FNM. If they do, I plan to take out one Grimgrin and two swamps (going to 22 lands) and add 3x Evil Twin.

Let me know if this thread is a cool idea or not. If not, I'll just let this thread die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea, even if it means shareing my crap of deck...

This is for tomorrow if I acctually go to the FNM, My regular shop is not holding any so I have to go to another one

That said here is the r/u budget delver I am building

---

11 Island
11 Mountain

4x Delver of Secrets
2x Mist Raven

4x Incinerate
4x Ponder
1x Thunderous Wrath
4x Vapor Snag
4x Mana Leak
4x Geistflame
4x Brimstone Volley
1x Lost in the mist
1x Geist Snatch
2x Searing Spear
1x Mystic Retrieval
1x Pillar of Flame
1x Chandra's furu

Sideboard
----
4x Ancient Grudge
3x Think Twice
3x Vanishment
2x Negate
1x Forbidden Alchemy
1x Amass the Components
1x Silent Departure

-------

(Yeah this deck is screaming for Talrand and Mtaltands invocation and more geist snatch, instant speed token generators is good)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to FNM this week, but if I did, I would play this deck:

Lands:
4x Clifftop Retreat
4x Razorverge Thicket
4x Sunpetal Grove
4x Forest
4x Plains
4x Mountain

Creatures:
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Viridian Emissary
4x Restoration Angel
4x Blade Splicers
4x Silverblade Paladin
4x Wolfir Silverheart

Auras:
3x Rancor

Spells:
3x Revenge of the Hunted
3x Entreat the Angels
3x Bonfire of the Damned

Sideboard:
2x Ancient Grudge
2x Ray of Revelation
4x Surgical Extraction
3x Celestial Purge
3x Mental Misstep

Probably not my best deck, but it's the one I enjoy the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Did some last minute editions to the deck, added two Mist Ravens and a Geist Snatch from the stores bargain bin, also loaned an extra Thunderous Wrath (thank you for that)

How did I do, well (Based on memory)

Game 1: 0-2 vs Vampires I think

First game I hold a hand where I thought I had a mountain but didn't, so lose and then a few missplays later I lost the game

Game 2: 1-2 vs UW Delver

Close game versus classic Delver, this deck had a hard time against Geist of Saint Traft, although I got a game in

Game 3: 2-1 vs R? Goblin generator

This guy played a rather creatureless deck with a lot of token generators. Game 1 I flipped a delver turn 2 and could go through with delver and burn him out. Game 2 he was down to about 10 when he activated his Inkmouth Nexus and put some artifact equipment on it, doing 5 infect damage and then the next turn same thing. Intresting thing in game 2 was I started with Ponder and looked at Mountain, Island, Thunderous Wrath, saddly it did not help much. Game 3 he made a missplay and I could fire myself through his Goblins and win the race

Game 4: 1-2 vs B Zombie Loner Demon deck

This guy had Zombify as a big part of his deck, might not be the best against my rather creatureless deck. I could controll him a bit in one of the games to win and fire of his Demon but then the attack that loads "attack alone" with defense come in and he one. Last game was an attrition war against the loner demon but I had needed to topdeck an wrath to kill of his treat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I'm working on a U/W Control/WW deck. The biggest problem I have with the game is shuffling my cards. It's either too many or not enough land cards.

My card buying philosophy is this: If I get it in a pack, that's great. If I can trade for it, that's great. I have a budget and the only cards I buy outside of what I get form boosters are either the 2 cent cheap-o's from Magus or multi-mana lands. Therefore, even though this deck needs another 2-3 Redirects, I am not going out of my way to pump it up.

Blue/White Control/White Exalted Tokens

Lands (23):
Glacial Fortress x3
Plains x8
Islands x12

Artifacts (2):
Elixir of Immortality x1
Tormod's Crypt x1

White (13):
Captain's Call x4
Aven Squire x4
Angel's Mercy x2
Knight of Glory x2
Angeic Benediction x1

Blue (22):
Negate x4
Essence Scatter x4
Mind Sculpt x4
Rewind x2
Jace's Phantasm x2
Clone x1
Redirect x1
**Unsummon x1
**Sleep x1
**Downpour x2

Unsummon, Sleep, and Downpour are filler because I am not going to buy 2 more Redirects and don't have anymore Jace's Phantasms.

Considering making this a mono-Blue Control deck by adding more creatures. I do have an Akroma's Memorial I could thrown in for smiles and grins.

meeple

Thoughts??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did end up making a few changes to my deck. Mainly adding the Evil Twins. Anyways, this is the deck I ran.

-------------------
Creatures (29)
4x Gravecrawler
4x Diregraf Ghoul
4x Blood Artist
4x Highborn Ghoul
4x Geralf's Messenger
4x Diregraf Captain
4x Evil Twin
1x Grimgrin, Corpse Born

Spells (8)
2x Barter in Blood
4x Tragic Slip
2x Killing Wave

Land (23)
4x Drowned Catacombs
3x Evolving Wild
1x Island
15x Swamp

Sideboard
3x Cower in Fear
3x Vile Rebirth
2x Sign in Blood
2x Murder
3x Ghoulcaller's Chant
1x Curse of Death's Hold
-------------------

I went 2-3 for the night (we run 5 games if there is enough players). I probably can't remember every game, but I will try...

Game 1: lost 1-2, against a Thragtusk and Restoration Angel heavy mill deck. He also played Mimic Vat which is pretty brutal against a zombie deck. He also carried a splash of red for some board wipes which would have been nice if I was actually able to play a Blood Artist or Captain, but my draws were so bad, I think only one blood artist showed up in my hand during all three games. Anyways, I was able to win game 2 because I drew a hand with 2 tragic slips and drew another to be able to take out his mana dorks.

Game 2: Won 2-0, this was against a mono-green deck that focused a lot on flash creatures. had no problems here

Game 3: Lost 0-2, this was against a tempered steel deck. Both games was close with me getting him down to around 3 health before he found away to finish me off. One game he was able to beat me while I had 23 health and he was down to 3 with is Inkmoth Nexus and a creature that had protection from all colors while he controlled 3+ artifacts. It wouldn't have been much of a problem if I was able to pull another creature near the end game, but I was stuck with one and only drew land.

Game 4: Lost 0-2, I don't remember this deck to well, I think is was some kind of variation on tempered steel but not sure. He beat me down with his wurmcoil engines. I was never able to draw the Evil Twin to deal with them and every time I used barter in blood, he countered it.

Game 5: Won 2-0, This was your basic Delver deck. Wasn't a problem at all. The second game I was actually able to take him out with only drawing 2 lands the entire game.

I never got to use Grimgrin, but I think I am going to take him out and add another Barter in Blood. Barter in Blood has worked miracles when I have a blood artist on the table. Even better if I have two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
mbmbmbmb
I decided to throw together a deck with cards I already have in case I want to go to a FNM. It's some sort of Mono Black Control deck. It's based on an earlier cheap mono black deck I had during the Zendikar/Scars of Mirrodin season. I've pretty much ignored the whole Innistrad block, and Magic 2012, so I'll have to redo it again after October 5th when Scars of Mirrodin and Magic 2012 rotates. But until then I at least have something to play with, and I'll probably buy some Return to Ravnica when those arrive. I don't expect it to stand a chance, but I don't care too much about that.

Suggestions are welcome, but I want to keep this as cheap as possible, so I'll mostly use commons and uncommons. But I might be able to trade for some rares as well (a few more Mutilates would be nice).

Maindeck
23x Swamp

4x Ravenous Rats
4x Child of Night
1x Butcher Ghoul
1x Markov Patrician
2x Vampire Nighthawk
4x Skinrender
2x Lashwrithe
2x Pierce Strider
1x Bonehoard

2x Duress
2x Despise
4x Sign in Blood
2x Go for the Throat
4x Doom Blade
1x Mutilate
1x Black Sun's Zenith

Sideboard
3x Tormod's Crypt
2x Barter in Blood
3x Geth's Verdict
2x Duress
1x Praetor's Grasp
4x Deathmark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I took a slightly modified version of the above deck to the local FNM yesterday. The deck I used was this:

Maindeck
23x Swamps

4x Ravenous Rats
4x Child of Night
2x Screeching Bat
4x Vampire Nighthawk
4x Skinrender
2x Lashwrithe
1x Bonehoard

2x Duress
2x Despise
4x Sign in Blood
2x Go for the Throat
4x Doom Blade
1x Mutilate
1x Black Sun's Zenith

Sideboard
3x Tormod's Crypt
2x Barter in Blood
3x Geth's Verdict
2x Duress
1x Praetor's Grasp
4x Murder

I got two more Vampire Nighthawks and took out those Pierce Striders (they were just placeholders for the last two Vampire Nighthawks anyway). And I put Murders instead of Deathmarks in the sideboard, because I feared facing some Zombie decks. The last two changes was putting in two Screeching Bats instead of the Butcher Ghoul and Markov Patrician. I got those bats just before the tournament and wanted to try them out.

The first match was against a blue/white deck with Geist of Saint Traft, Snapcaster Mage, Restoration Angel, Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, and so forth. Probably Delver of Secrets as well, although none of those hit the table. The deck is one of the top tier decks in Standard right now, I think. So, I quickly realised that I probably would lose this match. I lost the first round and did slightly better in the second. But the match ended 0-2 as expected.

The second match was against a black/white token deck. Lots of token generating spells with flashback, and Intangible Virtue to boost them. I don't really remember everything that was in the deck. I lost the first round, due to three Blood Artist hitting the table at the same time! In the second round I managed to disrupt the game enough and I won that one. The third round was tight. But I misplayed a bit, since I didn't realise that Vault of the Archangel gave Lifelink and Deathtouch to all creatures (should have looked more at the card when he played it) and I lost after a drawn out game. He won on the fourth overtime turn and the match ended 1-2.

So in the third round I knew that I probably would be facing a bad deck, and I did. It was a mono green deck with Rampant Growth, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Visionary, Cudgel Troll(!) and some elf lords. I didn't see much of the deck because I won pretty fast both rounds. I got the impression that the opponent was a fairly new player, he played very suboptimally. 2-0 in this one.

In the fourth match I started with a Despise and I became worried when I saw his hand, a black/green Infect deck. Ouch! Not good, with Doom Blade and Go for the Throat maindecked. I lost the first one, and then I sideboarded in the Murders and more removal spells. The second round went better. I played an early Praetor's Grasp and grabbed a Grafted Exoskeleton and equipped a transformed Screeching Bat and quickly won after that. Praetor's Grasp is a killer spell in the right situation. I pretty much had the third round as well, but I played sloppy. I missed that he returned a Putrefax with his Corpse Cur, so I just attacked with my only creature, a Lashwrithe-equipped Vampire Nighthawk and lost the next round because Putrefax has Haste, something I forgot about. That mistake was a bit bitter, because I had my Mutilate in my hand and could probably have won the match if I would have been a bit more cautious. 1-2 for my last match.

So, a 1-3 final result, with two matches that could hav gone differently. Oh well, it went slightly better than expected. I'm thinking about some changes to the deck before the set rotation. The Murders will go into the maindeck together with the Geth's Verdicts, the Doom Blades and Go for the Throats will go to the sideboard. The Bonehoard was ok, but I'd rather have another removal spell in the maindeck, so that one will go. I'm not sure about those Ravenous Rats. I used to have Liliana's Specters in my old deck, and I miss them a lot. A 2/1 Flyer is so much better that a plain 1/1 creature, even though they cost one mana more. I'm thinking about putting some Blood Artists in the deck instead, since I managed to trade for two of those. A couple of more Mutilates would be nice as well. And a couple of Ghost Quarters to have some protection against nasty lands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to try something different then my usual U/B Zombies deck and played a deck I like to call "Thragtusk's Closet."

-------------------
Creatures (25)
1x Acidic Slime
4x Avacyn's Pilgrim
2x Blade Splicer
4x Elvish Visionary
2x Geist-Honored Monk
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Restoration Angel
4x Thragtusk

Enchantments (8)
4x Oblivion Ring
4x Rancor

Instants (2)
2x Cloudshift

Artifacts (4)
4x Conjurer's Closet

Land (21)
10x Forest
6x Plains
2x Razorverge Thicket
3x Sunpetal Grove
-------------------

I ended up going 3-2 for the night with this deck. I think I would have done much better if I had a little more practice with this deck, but since this was the first time I have used this deck, I made some pretty obvious mistakes when playing things.

Game 1: Lost 0-2 against a u/b/r deck. In both games my opponent was able to get a Mist Raven soulbonded with a Deadeye Navigator that pretty much prevented me from being able to keep any creature on the board. Whenever I would play Thragtusk, he would flicker Mist Raven and then flicker him again for the beast token. He would then swing in for 7 each turn, where I was only able to gain 5 every turn with Thragtusk. Slowly, he dwindled me down and won.

Game 2: Lost 1-2 against a Burn deck. I really should have had this one, but I was cursed with bad draws on the 1st and 3rd games.

Game 3: Won 2-0 against a pretty bad infect deck. Not much to say here, it was quick.

Game 4: Won 2-0 against a... Well, I really can't remember this game too well. It was quick as well. I think it was a b/r deck.

Game 5: Won 2-1. I didn't really pick up on the kind of deck this was. He played a lot of planeswalkers and the only creature I remember seeing in all 3 games was a Wurmcoil engine. game 1 I had a great opening hand with the right amount of mana and mana dorks, but then all I was able to draw the rest of the game was more mana or mana dorks. My opponent quickly beat me down with his Wurmcoil Engine. Games 2 and 3 went much better and I was able to answer his Wurmcoil's with my Oblivion Rings.

So far, I really like this deck. I think with more practice, this will be a really contender at my FNM's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
JockiB wrote:
I'll have to redo it again after October 5th when Scars of Mirrodin and Magic 2012 rotates.

I've posted my current deck, changed for post-October 5th, in my sadly neglected geeklist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/49103/item/2326798#item232...

Suggestions are welcome (in geeklist item comments, so we don't clutter up this thread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, this is the deck I will be using for the first couple FNM's post rotation. The Return to Ravnica cards that I have in this deck are already ordered and setup to be picked up before FNM starts this Friday. The only cards I am really wanting to add are 4x Armada Wurm, but due to the price and rarity, it might take awhile before I can get all 4. The deck still uses the flicker mechanic (without the Closets) but also adds a splash of the new populate mechanic with the Druid's Deliverance.

-----------------------------------
Creature (20)
4x Avacyn's Pilgrim
4x Elvish Visionary
4x Geist-Honored Monk
4x Restoration Angel
4x Thragtusk

Instant (8)
4x Cloudshift
4x Druid's Deliverance

Sorcery (4)
4x Revenge of the Hunted

Enchantment (4)
4x Oblivion Ring

Artifact (4)
4x Selesnya Keyrune

Land (20)
6x Forest
2x Grove of the Guardian
4x Plains
4x Selesnya Guildgate
4x Sunpetal Grove
-----------------------------------
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My Zombies deck when fully built should look like the following. It is built around the normal zombies while trying to abuse Lotleth Troll. You can keep adding counters with a Veilborn Ghoul in hand and enough swamps.

Creatures(24):
4 Gravecrawlers
4 Geralf's Messengers
4 Lotleth Troll
4 Blood Artist
4 Falkenrath Aristocrat
2 Slitherhead
2 Veilborn Ghoul

Spells(11):
4 Abrupt Decay
4 Dreadbore
3 Tragic Slip

Planeswalker(2):
1 Vraska the Unseen
1 Liliana of the Dark Realms

Lands(23):
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Woodland Cemetery
8 Swamp
1 Cathedral of War / Miscellaneous land

Sideboard:
2 Golgari Charm
2 Radkos Charm
3 Bonfire of the Damned
2 Ultimate Price
3 Slaughter Games
3 Sewer Shambler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
SVan wrote:

1 Cathedral of War

Why? I didn't see anyting else that give exalted, of course you will probably attack with the troll alone but still a land that comes in tapped and only gives 1?

Sounds a bit useless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have put a question mark next to it, because I wasn't 100% sure of it going in the deck. I would like some kind of land that does something different besides giving mana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to point to cards already contained, but I did a Gatherer search and maybe this might work on the overall zombie stuff. It might not be exactly right though (I never played Zombies or against Zombies)

Grim Backwoods

or

Haunted Fengraf

Sac outlet and all, which I am sure you already have in the deck but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the deck I will be using tonight...

------------------
Creature (23)

3x Armada Wurm
4x Avacyn's Pilgrim
4x Elvish Visionary
4x Restoration Angel
4x Silverblade Paladin
4x Thragtusk

Instant (8)

4x Druid's Deliverance
4x Selesnya Charm

Sorcery (8)

4x Farseek
4x Revenge of the Hunted

Land (21)

8x Forest
2x Grove of the Guardian
5x Plains
4x Sunpetal Grove
2x Temple Garden

Sideboard (15)

4x Oblivion Ring
4x Dryad Militant
3x Rootborn Defenses
4x Sundering Growth
------------------

I finally got most of the cards I want... I just now need to play it and make the minor adjustments to the deck to make it just right (for example, I don't know if 3 Armada Wurms is too much or not). I am still trying to get a hold of two more Temple Gardens, so maybe I can trade for those tonight. Anyways, what do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not all that relevant but when Getchell started posting decks he was on a budget.

With his latest deck he has 4 Thragtusk at $20 a pop. 3 Armada Wurms which are about the same. 2 Temple Gardens which are around $15, 4 Restoration Angels which could probably be had for $10 a piece. The Silverblade's are only $5 a piece.

Looks good. I'm not a fan of running 21 land in a midrange deck like yours though. I'd cut some Revenge of the Hunted and Druid's Deliverance for more lands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
Not all that relevant but when Getchell started posting decks he was on a budget.

With his latest deck he has 4 Thragtusk at $20 a pop. 3 Armada Wurms which are about the same. 2 Temple Gardens which are around $15, 4 Restoration Angels which could probably be had for $10 a piece. The Silverblade's are only $5 a piece.

Looks good. I'm not a fan of running 21 land in a midrange deck like yours though. I'd cut some Revenge of the Hunted and Druid's Deliverance for more lands.

I agree totally. I would say even with Farseek and the extra card draw you could go to 23. Also, might want to bring in Cloudshift for some fun tricks... allows you to survive spot removal and gives you the great bonus included with each dude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:

Yeah, back when I started posting decks, I was also not sure if Magic was something I was going to stick with, so I wanted to keep it somewhat cheap. Now that I am more into it, I don't feel bad about spending a little more money on it. Also, I only had to buy 3 Thragtusks since one of them was already included in the Event deck that I built this deck from. They were also priced at $10 when I bought them. I traded for the Temple Gardens, so no money spent there. The only money I really spent was for the Armada Wurms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
Vollick1979 wrote:

I agree totally. I would say even with Farseek and the extra card draw you could go to 23. Also, might want to bring in Cloudshift for some fun tricks... allows you to survive spot removal and gives you the great bonus included with each dude.

I really want to add some more flicker in this deck, but I just don't know what I would take out to add it. It was hard enough getting the deck to what it is now. I might -1 Druid's Deliverance and -1 Revenge of the Hunted so I can add +2 Conjurer's Closets. I don't know. Druid's Deliverance and Revenge of the Hunted have helped me win games making it hard to go lower than 4 of either. I would also hate to go lower on the Charms since they offer such variety and great spot removal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conjurer's Closet is nice, but it's not what you want to be doing with 5 mana and it's not a combat trick. You'd be better off having your opponent attack into you and bounce the Armada Wurm with cloudshift. He now gets blown out by 2 5/5 blockers that are available to crack back at him next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
Conjurer's Closet is nice, but it's not what you want to be doing with 5 mana and it's not a combat trick. You'd be better off having your opponent attack into you and bounce the Armada Wurm with cloudshift. He now gets blown out by 2 5/5 blockers that are available to crack back at him next turn.

Any suggestions on how I should add the cloudshifts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could even just do a 3-split. Just because you CAN run 4 of everything doesn't mean you should. So cut extranious stuff like the items previously mentioned like Hunted and Druid's Deliverance. Hunted is a nice spell for the deck, but not something you ever want in your opening hand. Really look at what you have and consider your curve, and it should fix itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd keep the Hunted (but only as a maximum of 2 or 3, you never want 2 of these in your hand at a time) and definitely get rid of the Druid's Deliverance. It's a nice card, maybe sideboardable, but I think Cloudshift is a better card, as has been said.

I'd also get rid of the Visionaries and add in Arbor Elves. They cost 1 less and give you more mana dorks, which is good for this deck.

Also add some land like has been said already. I wouldn't count the Groves as lands, because although they do give mana, you're using them more for its ability than the mana. I would make sure to have 22 lands not counting the Groves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually not as fond of running both Arbors and Pilgrims. Come a sweeper, you're out two mana dorks and if you haven't used them to their fullest, you're hurting. At least the elf gives you a card draw, and is a fine blocker in the meantime. That and Shifting/Restoing for a card draw isn't a bad thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.