Popular Tags: [View All]
victor gannon
Ireland
Murroe
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Folks,
We've ran a few really good games of Werewolf by email with a group of around 20 or so with a large chunk of roles. Has anyone else ran anything SIMILAR to werewolf/mafia?

I've played resistance and it's a bit simplistic for the group.

Thanks in advance

Vic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it myself, but a friend has spoken highly of-
Are You the Traitor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you used the plot cards with Resistance? I'm not sure by what measure resistance is more simplistic than Werewolf (maybe you are using s lot of different roles?).

You could also check out The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: The Village which adds public roles that allow some characters to do things during the day (or the Ultimate Werewolf Artifacts expansion to ultimate werewolf.

Edit: Or if you want something much more complex, there's always Battlestar Galactica (which I know many people have done a play by forum games of) or Diplomacy (which doesn't have a hidden traitor, but plenty of negotiation and backstabbing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castle of the Devil might fit the bill. Only supports up to 10 players, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check out the Werewolf forum and the Cassandra system. There have been all kinds of crazy tweaks from the WW community here on BGG. There are themed games, choose your own role games, and games with super interesting power combinations. Should definitely give you some ideas for WW style games with different conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely look into The Castle of the Devil.

And as Cris said, if you want some thing like Werewolf but more complex, check out Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game. It won't take anywhere close to 20 players (recommended are 5) and will take quite a while. But it's a fun game and has successfully been played by forum here on BGG.

I've never played Werewolf myself but the new The Resistance: Avalon sounds like it's going to be closer to Werewolf than the original. So you might want to keep an eye on that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 on The Castle of the Devil. Another I'd suggest would be Shadow Hunters maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
victor gannon
Ireland
Murroe
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks guys, all good suggestions.

We've played a few increasingly good games of werewolf. the levels of sneakiness blow me away in the current one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.