Stone Age: The Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trading 1:2 for civilization cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BadSpeller
msg tools
@ Steve Duff

I am at the 1:2 trading spot (9 or 10).

I want to get a civilization card that is at the 4 resource spot.

I have 5decorations/5wood/0brick/0stone/5gold

May I use 2 wood and trade 1decoration for 2stone to get the civilization card? (instead of not trading and using 4 wood)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
You may; the only requirement for using the exchange is that you are using it to pay for something.

So two wood and a tusk could be used to pay for a 4 cost card in your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could only trade if needed to aquire a civ card or building tile.

In this case you don't need to trade, you have 5 wood, more than enough to pay for the 4 cost card.

In the English Rules, pg 5 towards the bottom (Says Trading Rules on right side of rulebook)

The player may ...

... only* trade if needed to aquire a civilization card or building tile.

* Bold in the rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BadSpeller
msg tools
@ Joseph

Look at other areas of the rules on for trades when buying huts, the "only" word did not translate well for the true meaning of the rule.

I can't have 5wood, then do a Trade 1:2 for 2extra wood (for a total of 7wood), use 4 for the civi card, and have 3 left over. But I can covert for something I wanted to use to buy the card, 2wood/2stone (above example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElCid91 wrote:
I thought you could only trade if needed to aquire a civ card or building tile.

In this case you don't need to trade, you have 5 wood, more than enough to pay for the 4 cost card.

In the English Rules, pg 5 towards the bottom (Says Trading Rules on right side of rulebook)

The player may ...

... only* trade if needed to aquire a civilization card or building tile.

* Bold in the rulebook

He wanted to buy the card with 2 wood and 2 stone. He didn't have stone. So a trade was needed.

That's what needed means in this game. The trade had some effect on the outcome.

If he had traded for stone and then bought the tile with 4 wood, *that* would be illegal, as then the trade was not needed to buy the tile with 4 wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BadSpeller
msg tools
Thanks Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls