On the advice of
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I am re-posting this here in Chit Chat, as the Forum where I initially posted it might not get a lot of traffic. I'm not trying to be an annoying spammer, although I am quite proud of it and my son certainly loves to see his number of views go up.

[Original Post]

My 10-year-old son, Sam, an excellent and avid Gamer, is also a Musician.
This Forum seemed like the perfect place to post this.

Here is a song he wrote, arranged and played all the parts and instruments (while I was relegated to just pressing the record buttons on the multi-track and the video camera).

If you like it, share it on Facebook, Twitter, by email, postcard, or however you relate to other humans these days.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty impressive - made all the more so by the six video windows ....

Cool hat, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levin
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
This is pretty impressive - made all the more so by the six video windows ....

Cool hat, too.

Thanks!

I explained how I did the video in the other thread, but I'll put that here too.

I set the camera up on a tripod as we recorded each instrument on the multi-track. Once we had a music track that was a keeper, I marked the video take. That way, once we mixed the song, I could find all of the exact video takes that would match.

We also had a click track in the first measure and a half that would come out of a speaker so that it would be on the video, then I would drop it out two beats before the song would start. Then I could line up the wave form of the clicks from the mixed song, and the ones in each video take.

Once the video tracks were all in sync with the mixed song in the project, the rest was pretty easy.

Sony Vegas Pro is my editing tool of choice for home editing projects, and then I also used a picture-in-picture plug-in with some keyframes to resize and rotate the different video images. They were all already in sync and on different video tracks, so I didn't have to concern myself with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, thats outstanding. You have a very talented young man there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.