Lifeboat» Forums » Rules

Subject: Incase of a Tie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Dickinson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
If at the end of the game, two players have the same number of points. Are there any rules for breaking the tie?

Played last night, me and my friend both ended with 21 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Golomazov
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
(I'm just another player, not the game developer). We thought a lot about this problem. It seems that no in-game parameter should be taken into account here (e.g. you can't say that an alive character with the same number of points should be placed higher than a dead one).

Then we came up with a simple solution based on meta characteristics. Having played 40+ games, we have a decent statistics to say which characters perform better on average. We take average number of points in a game earned by a character as a measure. The higher position a character has in the rating, the lower position it gets in case he earns the same number of points as another character does.

We just fix this rating and modify it periodically as we play more games. Therefore before any new game starts, we already know what we will do in the case of a tie. This mechanism also works if more than 2 players have the same number of points.

Here is our current rating. A number indicates average number of points in a game.

1. Doctor Harter 16.8
2. Kid 15.6
3. Madam Wong 15.4
4. Frenchy 14.5
5. Lady Lauren 13.3
6. Captain 12.4
7. Sir Stephen 12.3
8. First Mate 11.7

So if there is a tie between e.g. the first mate and the kid, the first mate is placed higher in the game results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.