Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomble's feat:
"Remove your figure from the map and place a hero token in your space. At the start of your next turn, place your figure in any empty space within 4 spaces of your hero token".

Question:
Is there anything in the rules that keeps Tomble from appearing on the other side of a closed/locked door? There are a few scenarios where I was tempted to "cheat" the system by warping him into a locked room(say with the Cardinal, but I didn't. The text does not refer to this action as a "movement", so I didn't know if the usual movement restrictions technically apply. Is there something in the rules that explicitly forbids this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
PKDuke wrote:
Tomble's feat:
"Remove your figure from the map and place a hero token in your space. At the start of your next turn, place your figure in any empty space within 4 spaces of your hero token".

Question:
Is there anything in the rules that keeps Tomble from appearing on the other side of a closed/locked door? There are a few scenarios where I was tempted to "cheat" the system by warping him into a locked room(say with the Cardinal, but I didn't. The text does not refer to this action as a "movement", so I didn't know if the usual movement restrictions technically apply. Is there something in the rules that explicitly forbids this?

The rules for "counting spaces" on page 13 say that you can't count through closed doors because they are not adjacent. So you cannot move Tomble through a door like this. The rules don't just talk about movement, it talks about anything you would count spaces for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
PKDuke wrote:
Tomble's feat:

Question:

The rules for "counting spaces" on page 13 say that you can't count through closed doors because they are not adjacent. So you cannot move Tomble through a door like this. The rules don't just talk about movement, it talks about anything you would count spaces for.

Thanks...I knew it had to be there somewhere and I was missing it. Whenever I use Tomble's feat, I picture him sliding on the "one ring" and dissapearing into some ethereal plane for a turn :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muziq
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Tomble invisible when he takes his figure from the board and puts his hero token in its place for his heroic feat?

As OL I didn't think so but of course the Tomble player did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasabi_Eater wrote:
Is Tomble invisible when he takes his figure from the board and puts his hero token in its place for his heroic feat?

What do you mean by "invisible"? He can't be attacked (which is why you take him off the board), if that's what you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muziq
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Wasabi_Eater wrote:

What do you mean by "invisible"? He can't be attacked (which is why you take him off the board), if that's what you mean.

Yes, that's what I meant. Then I was wrong but luckily we played it correctly. Now I think about it it does seem very logical... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.