Popular Tags: [View All]
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am missing most of the cards and decided to simply order them thru Artscow. Since I am recreating them from different sources, and not necessarily from a full set of scans, I wanna make sure I make no mistakes. I wonder if you can take a look at the files to give it the once over, before I actually place the order.

I've done most of the basic work. I still need to look over and make sure there are no typos and such. I also am gonna do some design tweaks and general clean-up.
Basically I am concerned about getting the fronts and backs correct and about not missing anything. There are a couple of lists of cards online and some of the cards don't have any info, for example 90 "gondor mobilizes any player" or 41 "a frightening rumor."

I think I am fairly happy with the cards now. I decided against the double sided frame as that is gonna cause me grief when cutting, plus it'll be a closer match to the original cards.
I definitely need help with the 'servants of sauron' and 'frightening rumor' cards. I have no idea what is on the other side or what the full content is.

As you can see I'm not gonna do the 'free people' now, because then I'd need a third deck. I might do them later if I have filler cards on a separate order.

Please take your time to review these and let me know if you see any errors, missing stuff, or even if you have suggestions.

I didn't finish the free peoples, because those are the cards I actually have, and am the least concerned about finishing.

Thanks a bunch!

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/card/war-of-the-ring-01-4o3ah...

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/card/war-of-the-ring-02-egmy6...

GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Hager
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just do yourself a favor and buy this:

http://bit.ly/PHzlPz

(WotR 2nd Edition Upgrade Kit - All the cards + sleeves + storage tin)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shager wrote:
Just do yourself a favor and buy this:

http://bit.ly/PHzlPz

(WotR 2nd Edition Upgrade Kit - All the cards + sleeves + storage tin)

+1 Seriously....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Hager
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops....I think I commented on the wrong WotR game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dix Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OP is referring to the old SPI game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dix Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if it's just me, but I can't make out the details on the cards (too small).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The writing is per the lists of cards online, so that should be fine. As I've said, there are cards which seem to be missing info. Or I don't have the info on both sides.

Unfortunately Arstcow viewing is very low res.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure why there is confusion, but this is for the vintage SPI edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Hager
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason for the confusion is simple: this title appeared on the bgg news feed, and it has the exact name of the new game, which I monitor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Johnson
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Herman bites on the rest of my Spares deck, I still have all the Free Peoples cards available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, Thanks for the offer, but it doesn't seem to me you have the full set, according to the inventory it is 112 cards total. If you do have the full set, I will bite, otherwise I'd still need to recreate a bunch of missing cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Johnson
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the two set's Events Cards mixed together whistle

The last time I played with my Daughter, I got exasperated running through the seemingly unlucky primary deck- never once did I get a successful capture. Most annoying angry

So, I figured her Jedi whatever she was using would be thrown off by a deck from England, which is where the "spare" set came from. (Hey, I was playing Sauron after all, so cut me some Slack)

Anyway, no such luck. The Hobbits just waltzed right into Oroduin and you know the rest.........little Halfling Creeps!

So, I do have the whole deck from 001 (Aragorn II) to 112 (Gwaihir poops on Gandalf)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Artscow deck. It's bitchin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.