Cody Reichenau
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I've never played the old version and I'm super excited about this one.

Watching the videos and reading the rules I have a dumb noob question...

When the Corp pays to rez a piece of ICE does that ICE stay rezzed after the run ends? I assume it stays face up and the next time the runner tries that server the corp doesn't have to pay to rez it again... is that correct?

Thanks,
Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Noob Question on Rezzing ICE
jllama wrote:
Hey,

I've never played the old version and I'm super excited about this one.

Watching the videos and reading the rules I have a dumb noob question...

When the Corp pays to rez a piece of ICE does that ICE stay rezzed after the run ends? I assume it stays face up and the next time the runner tries that server the corp doesn't have to pay to rez it again... is that correct?

Thanks,
Cody

Rezzed ICE remains rezzed. It will be there the next time the Runner runs that server.

ICE can go into the Archives if the Corp trashes it voluntarily or as the result of some Effects the Runner has available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Once a card is rezzed it remains face up (unless a card would cause it to become unrezzed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Guerrero
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Along these lines, I have a different question. I take it from the rules that all cards, with the exception of ICE, can be rezzed at any time?

Thanks in advance,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
No. Non-ice can be rezzed at the start or end of either player's turn, after either play takes one of their actions, when ice is approached during a run, or before the runner accesses a server.

ICE can only be rezzed when approached by the runner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
The timing structure of the turns on page 32 and 33 of the rulebook shows when cards can be rezzed. Generally they can be rezzed before or after actions but not during them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrrrmmm wrote:
No. Non-ice can only be rezzed at the start or end of either player's turn, or after either player takes one of their actions.

This is incorrect. non-ICE cards can also be rezzed during Runs.

Hrrrmmm wrote:
No. Non-ice can be rezzed at the start or end of either player's turn, after either play takes one of their actions, when ice is approached during a run, or before the runner accesses a server.

Now this is correct.

Quote:
The timing structure of the turns on page 32 and 33 of the rulebook shows when cards can be rezzed. Generally they can be rezzed before or after actions but not during them.

Probably the best thing we have going for us.

Remember -- rez does NOT equal score

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I didn't mean for that to imply non-ice couldn't be rezzed on a run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem resolved in an edit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wrote that fast and it was not worded correctly, but I promise I know when I can flip cards over Regardless, it's been pointed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrrrmmm wrote:
I wrote that fast and it was not worded correctly, but I promise I know when I can flip cards over Regardless, it's been pointed out.

Well, I'm more confused than when I got here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll just edit it to avoid future confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One final request... can the OP change the title to be descriptive of the question so it's more easily found in the rules section for future users?

Perhaps: Question on timing of Rezzing cards

Otherwise we'll get a visit from these guys: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/626543/campaign-to-make-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, the OP did not ask about the timing. They initially just asked if the ICE stayed rezzed once it is done once.

For the Benefit of Jythier:

Quick Ice Installing & Rezzing Overview

* Installing ice can only be done on the corporation's turn.

* Ice in installed into the outermost position in front of a target server. It is placed face down in a horizontal orientation.

* Installation of a piece of ice costs 1 click/action PLUS 1 credit per piece of ice already installed in the server (Other ice can be trashed as a free action to lower this cost.)

* Ice can only be rezzed when a runner approaches it on a run. The cost to do so is dictated by the Ice/Card. If the cost is paid, the card is flipped face up and becomes active.

* Once Ice has been rezzed, it remains active for the remainder of the game. (Keep in mind, by the Golden Rule, there may be effects that change the state of the ice.)

----------

Rez Timing Overview

*Ice can only be rezzed as the runner approaches it on a run

*Non-Ice cards can be rezzed at Nearly any time:
- After the end/prior to the beginning of either player's turn
- After either player finishes an action
- During a run, when the runner approaches a piece of ice
- During a run, after a runner decides to continue the run rather than jacking out (which occurs directly after an encounter with ice is resolved.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool.

See what I did there?

You talked about ICE and I said cool.

Man, I'm on today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.