United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Joe Lansdale Rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
..for me, anyway.

Battery Monk (or any other card like it) "pay 1 less rune when you next acquire a (construct/hero) this turn"

I can't get this discount to work on any of these types of cards. I play my cards to the middle, haven't acquired/defeated ANY cards this turn, but the eligible cards that cost one more rune than I have in the pool are not highlighted (so I can't interact with them). And if I buy an eligible card, I pay full price.

The card that gives the discount is not highlighted, so I can't further interact with it either.

I haven't seen anyone else post with this issue, so am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say watch the costs when you play it. For me, they're automatically descreased. So the "new" full price is discounted by 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
snowman882 wrote:
..for me, anyway.

Battery Monk (or any other card like it) "pay 1 less rune when you next acquire a (construct/hero) this turn"

I can't get this discount to work on any of these types of cards. I play my cards to the middle, haven't acquired/defeated ANY cards this turn, but the eligible cards that cost one more rune than I have in the pool are not highlighted (so I can't interact with them). And if I buy an eligible card, I pay full price.

The card that gives the discount is not highlighted, so I can't further interact with it either.

When you play cards like that, the game automatically reduces the cost of eligible cards on the card itself.

So, if you played a card that reduced all constructs by 1, a construct that normally costs 7 would appear in the center row as costing 6. (If you can't come up with 6 runes, you can't buy it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowden Wyatt
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Joe Lansdale Rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
snowman882 wrote:
..for me, anyway.

When you play cards like that, the game automatically reduces the cost of eligible cards on the card itself.

So, if you played a card that reduced all constructs by 1, a construct that normally costs 7 would appear in the center row as costing 6. (If you can't come up with 6 runes, you can't buy it.)

Ah, I sort of figured it was something like that. And since I'm not familiar enough with the physical game, I didn't catch the lower prices.

Not surprising, since when teaching games it is traditional for me to get exactly one rule wrong (unless I know the game really well).

blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly one? Man you're good :-)

I generally miss entire paragraphs or pages :-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to VGG >> Ascension

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.