Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3XXXDDD wrote:
Curious: Does anyone else find the following piece confusing?

Quote:
RAM
Each Player starts the game with a a RAM of 0. Each Virus card has a Negative RAM while each Anti-Virus has a Positive RAM.

When a Player uploads a Virus or an Anti-Virus card, their RAM is added (Anti-Virus) or subtracted (Virus) from the Player's RAM.

If a Player's RAM becomes negative, they must format their field by sending enough Virus Cards to their discard pile until their RAM is at 0 or higher.

I mean, is it obvious that it's a constant resource and not one you activate? As in, a card leaves the field and the RAM then changes immediately? I could see people getting confused with it.

Well, I think it's a little dangerous to use so much "in-game" jargon to describe the rules. As I understand it, though, a player's RAM is never allowed to be negative? If it would become negative, the player must destroy some of their own Viruses to balance it out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3XXXDDD wrote:
Well other people complained about "X Balance Value" or whatever I used to call it because it was quite a mouthful. RAM solved that and useful way to push some flavour.

That's correct, though that's not the part I'm worried about, I'm worried if people don't understand the RAM is constantly there while the card exists on the field.

An example of a misinterpretation would be people thinking that after the card is uploaded it adds points to the players RAM into this "Pool" of points and that the card itself doesn't give off any RAM because it's already been transferred to that Pool.

I see. Well, I'd suggest testing the actual mechanic to make sure it works intuitively. You can worry about how to explain the mechanic once you've proven that it functions. But my gut says that it should work just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.