Subject: Pads/other solutions for reducing sound of slamming dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Our favorite part of this game is shaking up and slamming down the dice. But we play on glass and other hard (and loud) surfaces. Wondering if anyone has come across or uses something to dampen the sounds. Mousepads would probably work OK I suppose, but maybe there's something better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
AstroLad wrote:
Our favorite part of this game is shaking up and slamming down the dice. But we play on glass and other hard (and loud) surfaces. Wondering if anyone has come across or uses something to dampen the sounds. Mousepads would probably work OK I suppose, but maybe there's something better.

Dice trays...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A dice tower will also work, just be sure to use some sticky-backed felt or foam on the interior to further dampen the sound.

Blue Panther makes a pretty good economy wooden tower.
http://www.bluepantherllc.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But we have five people rolling at once! :D

I might use the mats that came with the Puzzle Strike deluxe edition actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Felt would work, if you have a cheap $2 shop that might sell a roll of felt (usually for arts & crafts), that is enough to cover a table, or buy 2 felt rolls/sheets. They sell those over here at the 100yen shop, but not sure in the States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't slam them at all, I hold the cup in my right hand against the palm of my left hand, shake the cup in hand, I bring my hands closer to the table and accompany the dice with my left hand now bent to make sure the dice don't fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've used washcloths before

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Diamond Geezer wrote:
I don't slam them at all, I hold the cup in my right hand against the palm of my left hand, shake the cup in hand, I bring my hands closer to the table and accompany the dice with my left hand now bent to make sure the dice don't fall.

Ok. But this thread was made with the premise that we want to slam dice. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.