Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gameplayer guy
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone created a solo campaign for Ravenloft?

I was thinking of how this might play out. The hero would start with 2 healing surges and any unused surges would carry over to the next adventure. At the conclusion of the adventure, the hero would get a specific adventure treasure and the choice of another healing surge or a permanent addition of another at-will power or utility power. The hero could only get another daily power using the standard leveling up rules.

The monsters would become progressively harder as the campaign progressed. In the first adventure, the hero would face mostly 1 XP monsters and get an adventure treasure at the conclusion of the adventure. As the hero progresses, add 2 and 3 XP monsters and eventually multiple monsters of the same type. The frequency of encounters would increase as the campaign progressed and can be scaled by mixing specific ratios of white and black arrow tiles into the random draw pile.

XP can be used to cancel encounters or level up. XP cannot be carried over between adventures.

I envision a series of adventures (4-6 per campaign scenario), culminating with a conflict with a boss monster. Each individual adventure would include 5 or 6 tiles, with the objective tile on the 5th or 6th tile. The hero would need to escape the dungeon by finishing a turn on the stairs.

I began working on a few adventures, but would like to see if anyone else created something similar for solo campaigns.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the Allies rules in Drizzt (or Dungeon Command: Heart of Cormyr).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hungryhomer wrote:

yes some one has and it is really awesome requires a lil work but defiantly worth it heres the site link http://www.dndboardgame.com/ enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Made a campaign that requires all 3 D&D AS games that is a lot like what you are asking for. Gotta run it once more for balancing but it's basically done, just need to type it all up.

10 quests that progress and scale, very Diablo-ish. Hope to run it again (4th time) and put the finishing touches on it very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gameplayer guy
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raolin wrote:
Made a campaign that requires all 3 D&D AS games that is a lot like what you are asking for. Gotta run it once more for balancing but it's basically done, just need to type it all up.

10 quests that progress and scale, very Diablo-ish. Hope to run it again (4th time) and put the finishing touches on it very soon.

Thanks Mark. Looks interesting. Is this for a solo player or a group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gameplayer guy
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onimike wrote:
hungryhomer wrote:

yes some one has and it is really awesome requires a lil work but defiantly worth it heres the site link http://www.dndboardgame.com/ enjoy!

I saw this but it's not what I'm looking for- I want to stick with the game "out of the box"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gameplayer guy
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Take a look at the Allies rules in Drizzt (or Dungeon Command: Heart of Cormyr).

Not entirely sure what these are, but the ally rules I'm aware of from the game instructions do not allow character progression. Do you have a link to them?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play the adventures from the book. They are "connected" in some way. I prefer solo with two heroes. You can try the monsters token. Add some "0 monster token" for the first adventure, then keep adding more monsters tokens to the mix until you have no "0" monster token anymore. Since Ravenloft don't have gold rules, you have to work some way to get some itens between adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the late reply - it can be played solo or with a group. I've been testing it using either one hero from Drizzt or two Heroes from the other games. So far so good, but the new Dungeon Command stuff has thrown a monkey wrench into it - because I designed the campaign to use only the materials that come with the games, but I am sorely tempted to rework it adding in the DC stuff. Should probably just present it "as is" so that anyone with the 3 AS games can enjoy it. Of course I need to play through it again once or twice for balancing and haven't yet found the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Lembo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello Mr. Bond!

Quick question, have you been able to construct a campaign with all 3 D&DAS games? I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate transition points and adventures where I can blend the board games together. Unfortunately, there's no real "puzzle piece" wilderness type tiles to really describe adventures outside of dungeons (could be used as transition adventures in between the dungeons). My thought is probably to use the wilderness and city dungeon tiles from the Essentials sets - although they are not really D&DAS, it could kick the game up a notch from the "board game" realm to the "RPG" realm.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.