Subject: KickStarter Campaign for Plague has Launched! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just letting folks know that the Kickstarter Campaign for Plague the Card Game has just launched. Check it out and back this project. Thanks.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243534184/plague-the-ca...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed, looks like a fun trick taking game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While this looks like an interesting game, I just can't pledge $25 for what is essentially a deck of cards.

Good luck with your campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand your thoughts. You have to factor in many things when running a Kickstarter campaign. Shipping and Taxes are two major ones. Paying for artwork is another. Marketing yet another. I we put the game out there for $15 we would end up losing money. The idea behind Plague is to get indie games produced that would likely never be. We are not trying to compete with the big boys or Amazon.

In addition if Plague hits the stetch goal of $3500, we will be able to put it into a full-color full-print telescoping box and will be able to include 13 gold coins to use as score counters. Also, the rules will then be in a full-color booklet. That is not a bad deal.

Thanks,

Jason Glover
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
AutismRecoverySystem.com Methyl B-12 Injection Therapy **It SAVED My Son**
badge
Tending the garden of my soul . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
mattwolfe wrote:
While this looks like an interesting game, I just can't pledge $25 for what is essentially a deck of cards.

Good luck with your campaign.

I've often paid much more than $25 dollars for "a deck of cards," and usually get way more out of them in fun and companionship than I put into them in money.

I see the same argument all the time about first rate homeschool materials produced by cottage businesses. ("It's just photocopied worksheets - why $40.00?")

I'm not buying the Physical Item, primarily - - I'm buying the INTELLECTUAL CONTENT, the THINKING that went into it, and the ADVANTAGE for having it, whether it's fun and amusement or serious scholarly content.

laughlaughlaugh

"Life is a banquet and most poor sons of bitches are starving to death!"
from Auntie Mame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Luara!

All too often folks seem to look at the product in their hands as a material object with a set value based on that very material. The fact is a lot of time and energy went into this game and sadly that fact is often missed when people are focused on the bottomline.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.