Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
I notice that none of the six new Monster dividers have the Level of the monsters printed on them.

For example, a ToR Monster divider would have the following printed
Quote:
UNDEAD ● HORDE ● LEVEL 1

While the CoB Monster dividers only have
Quote:
CHIROPTID ● HUMANOID

They no longer have the level of the monster included with the divider. I was wondering the reason why it was left off with the new expansion. I suspect it was simply an error. I also wonder what the format of the next expansion will be, will the Monster dividers include the level or not.

No big deal but they now do look a bit odd with a mix of information on the dividers. I did order the cards by Level originally but maybe I need to switch over and order them all alphabetically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pure error. If I had a time machine, they would have levels on them. Also, Hitler would never have come to power.

Sorry y'all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,
You beat me to it. It's only mildly annoying but considering how much thought AEG put into game and card design this seems a silly inconsistency.
Chris D

Edit: And Jeff owned up as I typed my reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I order them all alphabetically, since the randomizers have the level, and that's how I'm picking the monster. Not doing them alphabetically would only make the search for them take longer for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Roijen
Netherlands
Sittard
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:
Pure error. If I had a time machine, they would have levels on them. Also, Hitler would never have come to power.

Sorry y'all.

As I mentioned in another thread. Please improve your quality assurance! Sure errors happen, but if too many happen you will lose customers.

Don't get me wrong though. I love the game and will buy it!

Are you planning replacement parts for the buyers with these errors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orchidaceae Genera
msg tools
I was a little confused by the Doomknight, which is listed as "Doomknight - Undead" on the divider, then realised it's only the undead in ToR that have dividers with them the other way around, ie. "Undead - Skeleton". I went with level order in the end, and just put the ToR ones at the start of each section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Roijen
Netherlands
Sittard
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Orchidaceae wrote:
I was a little confused by the Doomknight, which is listed as "Doomknight - Undead" on the divider, then realised it's only the undead in ToR that have dividers with them the other way around, ie. "Undead - Skeleton". I went with level order in the end, and just put the ToR ones at the start of each section.

Seriously? If this is true, this game is getting clumsier!

AEG, I love this game! But you're making it hard on me and a lot of others!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
So, here is a summary of the current errors and inconsistencies with the CoB Dividers (not just the Monster dividers but all of them).

1) The Monster dividers are missing the LEVEL of the monster.

2) The text (i.e. DWARVEN ALE) on all the dividers appears too low on the card and can make it difficult to see (especially when the cards are sleeved). The text needs to be raised by about 3mm.

3) There appears to be some inconsistency in the Monster group names printed on the Monster divider, for example, we have UNDEAD TREEFOLK but for Undead Doomknights they are called DOOMKIGHT UNDEAD. This inconsistency isn't limited to just the dividers but of course to the cards themselves.

What do they say, "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

It would be nice if AEG supplied a set of 6 new CoB Monster dividers in with the next expansion (Root of Corruption) to at least address issue 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get your sh*t together, AEG. This is getting ridiculous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:

3) There appears to be some inconsistency in the Monster group names printed on the Monster divider, for example, we have UNDEAD TREEFOLK but for Undead Doomknights they are called DOOMKIGHT UNDEAD. This inconsistency isn't limited to just the dividers but of course to the cards themselves.

Mistakes happen. I won't pretend they don't.

This particular issue is not an error. The keywords have never been a consistent "genus species" kind of thing. They're just denominators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Roijen
Netherlands
Sittard
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:
xris wrote:

This particular issue is not an error. The keywords have never been a consistent "genus species" kind of thing. They're just denominators.

Worst response ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:
xris wrote:

Yeah right. English ain't my 1st language but I'd bet my money on Undead Doomknight rather than Doomknight Undead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Domo wrote:
Worst response ever!

Melodramatic nerd-rage makes me laugh every time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugin wrote:
Domo wrote:
Worst response ever!

Melodramatic nerd-rage makes me laugh every time!

In that case, BGG is *awesome* for giggles, every...single...day!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Untergeher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tow cents
While I agree that a good game stays a good game regardless of some printing mistakes, I can also see the other side of things. The games we buy are an investment, more often than not an expensive one.

Having an editing and proofreading background myself, I find these kind of oversights and some of the mistakes - what's the best word - baffling...

There are tons of great games on the market. And some publishers certainly do a better job at putting out high quality products than others.

I had high hopes that AEG would pull off a great and streamlined restart of the Thunderstone franchise. While I'm impressed with some of the gameplay changes, I'm a bit disappointed that they still haven't figured out how to make sure that all the components are also of high quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:
xris wrote:

Yeah right. English ain't my 1st language but I'd bet my money on Undead Doomknight rather than Doomknight Undead.

There are already a number of monster groups that begin with Doomknight and then contain a secondary qualifier. Similarly, there are a number of monster groups that start with Undead. In this case, you have two commonly used monster types, so its up to the designer to decide which is more important. In this case, they went with Doomknight. I don't see this as a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
EnigmaProphet wrote:
I am missing in COB some divider cards for Curses, Randomizer, and Thunderstone Bearers, anyone else?

I'm left with a stack of Curses, Randomizer and Thunderstone Bearer in one stack, the TOD had dividers for those.

Am I missing anything?

Also, Jelly Blebs Ooze card has no text on it, is that normal?

Do you mean ToR? Because CoB is not a stand-alone game, the assumption is that you will group the cards you mention with the corresponding dividers from ToR.

Not all monsters have text. It's rare, but Jelly Blebs is one such monster. The others I can find are Grudgebeast, Nixie, Griknack Goblin, Bloodskull Orc, Firebrand Cyclops, Harpy, Orc Blademaster, and Half-Ogre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.