jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Now the real question: do I learn to paint...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almon Chu
msg tools
Painting can be fun. I find it a nice brain-dead exercise. Patience is most important .

Plus it makes your armies look far better.

That all being said there are a few poorly detailed models that make painting annoying as shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even bad painted ones look far better than unpainted ones.
Even just spray-primed figures look better, actually.
Just give it a try!

I never did it before, and its not that difficult, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you feel when gluing?

Its kinda the same, alot of repetition but fine if you have music or something else to keep you happy.

That being said then I have not started on mine yet, looking forward to it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is a resounding YES! Seriously, I doubted my sanity after I started to paint the first few models in mijn base game. But when it was finished, the game looked a lot better. Now I've not only painted my base bame, but both Wardes expansions, lords of the river, tribes of the vale and I have begun painting the brotherhood (Lord Beric and 5 of the cavalry are done).
If you're worried about picking color schemes, don't be. They're all just right there on the unit and commander cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this up yesterday (the core set is in the mail).

This is my first game using miniatures. I have washed all the pieces, removed the excess flash, and am half way through gluing. I haven't even got to the painting part yet and this already seems like a lot of work.

Beats watching television though....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.