Subject: Plague the Card Game Kickstarter up. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just letting folks know that the Kickstarter campaign for Plague the card game has just launched. Plague is a fast-paced and cutthroat trick-taking game that has recieved good reviews from The Dicetower Review, The Gamer's Table, and Fathergeek.com.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243534184/plague-the-ca...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeny weeny tip:

Typo's on your kickstarter page don't reflect well on yourself or the probable quality of the product you're kickstarting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, what is "the lower 48"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Also, what is "the lower 48"?

The 48 contiguous United States (all the states but Hawaii and Alaska).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The lower 48 includes the U.S. except for Alaska and Hawaii. Sorry that was not clear. Please let me know where you found spelling and/or grammar errors and I will be glad to fix them. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might I suggest using the term "Continental United States" instead of "the lower 48" to avoid confusion amongst us non-USians?

As for typos:

Quote:
Grey Gnome Games is pround to annouce the creation of a fun, fast-paced, and stategic card game that we are sure will bring hours of enjoyment to your home.

Quote:
A simple yet unigue take on the standard trick taking game.

Quote:
Here are just a few images of the card arwork.

Quote:
Supporters that receive the bunus Plague Rat card will have this card shipped with the full game.

Quote:
But what we really want to talk about is how your imput and feedback as a backer can and will effect the final product.

I may have missed some still - I kept on spotting more as I was going through pulling out the one's I'd already seen (and in the case of the first quote, I spotted 'pround' and 'annouce' only after I'd copy-pasted it here).

Anyway, hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
Wow. Nice art, but...

$25 for game.
+$10 for a signature and a single promo card.
+$15 for 13 plastic doubloons in a bag.

You can buy 50 very similar looking coins, but metal, for $22 -- cheaper if you get more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srand wrote:
Wow. Nice art, but...

$25 for game.
+$10 for a signature and a single promo card.
+$15 for 13 plastic doubloons in a bag.

You can buy 50 very similar looking coins, but metal, for $22 -- cheaper if you get more.

Exactly? What value am I getting? Parade, for example, retails for $10, Tichu for $12. This should be $15 or so shipped, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it could have been Plaque the Card Game. Then I could have used it to motivate my 5-year-old daughter to floss.

It looks like the stretch rewards upgrade the coins, etc. so the higher tier pledge levels will need to be adjusted if stretch goals are met.

If the Plague Rat is such a neat card, maybe it should be in the base game. This is why people complain that Kickstarter projects have objectionable marketing tactics for completionists...

Still the art looks good and the game looks solid from what I can see. Rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We felt that $25 was a good starting point for our game based on a few reasons. First we looked at other Kickstarter projects of card games and thought that $25 was a good value. We are hoping to reach the $3500 stretch goal so that box can be upgraded and so that every game will come with the dubloons. But the main reason is that because many many hours went into producing this game. Between the artwork, web design, advertising, and playtesting hundreds of hours were spent. This game has been reviewed by some of the best reviewers out there and it has a very solid core mechanic that is both fun and unique. All of these things have to be considered when starting a Kickstarter Campaign, or backing one for that matter.

Anyways, I fixed the spelling errors. I am a plumber by trade and not quite the best when it comes to grammar. I have more of a problem solving type of mindset.

In any event, the rules can be found on our website http://greygnome.com/pdf-downloads/

These rules will be rewritten for the Kickstarter version. I hope I answered all of your questions. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyGnome wrote:
Anyways, I fixed the spelling errors. I am a plumber by trade and not quite the best when it comes to grammar. I have more of a problem solving type of mindset.

The key is getting someone else to read it before you publish it.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest you do the same with your game rules too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyGnome wrote:
We felt that $25 was a good starting point for our game based on a few reasons.

Still, $35 (with shipping to the Old World), for a single deck card game is an impressive price tag. Even in Essen, where my wallet springs to my hand easily, I would refrain.

So, sorry, I'll pass here soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is always an issue. Shipping overseas cost a lot of money. Just about every Kickstarter Campaign asks for additional funds to take care of this.

As far as the $25 for the game goes, it is not really out of line. If we reach the $3500 stretch reward mark then the game will come in a nice telescoping full-print box, will have a nice full-color intruction booklet, and come with 13 high quality gold dubloons. It is quite comparable to a game like Gamewright's Scallywags which comes with 54 cards and some coins in a telescoping box. The difference being that Plague will have much higher quality cards (better the MTG) and the coins are larger and quite nicer then those found in Scallywags.

I can understand the $35 seeming a bit high, but again if you order anything from the U.S. it will cost a lot to have it shipped.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.