Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
They have two meeting rooms, and according to their site they can be rented half-day by non-profits for $20/ each (or $40 for the day). I would be willing to organize this and supply some games if there is enough interest and other people agree to split the cost of the room. Thinking 1-4 times a month, about 4 hour sessions (enough for 1 game of BSG, or about 4 games of anything else).

Games on my shelf include: Carcassonne, Agricola, Space Alert, BSG, Panic Station, Glen More, The Resistance, Munchkin, HeroQuest, Dixit, Ticket To Ride, etc.

Or can anyone else propose a location within walking distance of West Plaza for such an event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am moving there next week, I might be interested.

I also have many games, many many games.
Here are the ones I am moving with.....

Nexus Ops (new)
Fortress America (new)
Dominion
Battle Grounds - Historical
Rex
Merchants and Mauraders
Battle Star Galactica
Age Of Empires
Shogun
Last Night on Earth
Game of Throne
Twilight Imp 3 - all expansions
Rune Wars - all expansions
Tides of Iron - all expansions
All of the Axix & Allies - might not bring these
Napoleon - Eagle and Lion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinnie Iuppa
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
I would definitely be interested and I would be happy to pitch in some money for the room rental. My gaming closet includes Pandemic, Battlelore, Heroscape, Arkham Horror, Smallworld, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Caraway
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would be in. Check my collection if there is something you would want me to bring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds like we have a group. I am going to find out the room sizes this week and how many people can comfortably game, and we should decide what games we are playing and when!

I propose Space Alert for my selection :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I could potentially make it once in a while, but couldn't commit to every week. I'll keep an eye on this thread though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Corrie
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play when I can make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Soooooo........

I would be fine with any game, I like learning new ones and meeting new people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hope there is still interest in this.

Getting a hold of the library staff member in charge of scheduling rooms has not been easy as she does not work at the Plaza branch. Apparently the Large Room in the Plaza Library is their most popular room. It looks like most people rent it out in 1-2 hour chunks, making extended gaming (3-6 hours) tough to schedule. The nearest week night evening it is free would be Wednesday 9/19, and it is available from 2pm - 8pm. If I can get 3 other people to commit, I will pull the trigger!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now that I am here, I can say, Tabletop Game and Hobby is the place to be. Plenty of room, tables, and players. I'll be there on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinnie Iuppa
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
I would definitely be interested! I can get there as early as 4 or so (though I could push it a bit if that was the only way to make it work).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have reserved the Plaza Library Large Meeting room from 3:00pm to 8:00pm. The coordinator said we can have an hour before and after that time slot for set-up and break-down. I titled the event "Kansas City Board Gaming Alliance Meet & Greet". I will create another thread for this in the "Midwest" forum.

Kansas City Public Library: Plaza Branch
4801 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64112
Large Meeting Room
Wednesday 9/19
3:00pm to 8:00pm
Ages 13+

I may have to work that day and be a little late (after 4), but will be there! Can I get a wingman to show up before 3:00? Does anyone have a meetup.com account they don't mind using to post this? Reply here or PM me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Piehler
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be able to make it. I might have to reschedule some work hours around, but that's no biggie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinnie Iuppa
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
I will definitely be there but I can't show up until 4 or so. I also have a meetup account and I will post this up on the Kansas City Boardgames group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bacon
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can post it to meetup. What is the number you are expecting/number of capacity? This could be a mess if we get 20 people for a space that only holds 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is a good-sized room and can hold 20 people easy. I will try to walk the space tomorrow when I pay the reservation fee and get an idea of hiw many game tables could fit in there. I'm thinking at least 4 tables at once.

Meetup.com might be unecessary if everyone thinks it will draw too large a crowd. I've never used meetup.com and don't have any experience with the KC Board Game scene outside of Game Cafe in Indepedence and my own living room.

I will try to bring a half dozen games... staples like Carcassonne and Catan that are easy to teach to new players and have a play time of an hour or less. Hopefully that will make sure there will always be a game for someone to jump into.

I'll also bring Space Alert, cause dammit, I really want to play it ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Golden
United States
Roeland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good time. I'll see if I can get the time away from the office to join you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
The room is reserved. I have the day off of work and should be there at 2pm. "Official" thread is at

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/853104/kcbga-meet-greet-kans...

Check out the deets... limited table space, but I think we should be fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Miller
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make the 9/19 because I'm in class until 7:30P Wednesdays, but having recently moved to KC I would really like to meet some other boardgamers. Are there any regular groups meeting anywhere? I can't really just pop over to Tabletop on a whim since I'm right by Westport, bit of a drive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
ExMortis wrote:
I can't make the 9/19 because I'm in class until 7:30P Wednesdays, but having recently moved to KC I would really like to meet some other boardgamers. Are there any regular groups meeting anywhere? I can't really just pop over to Tabletop on a whim since I'm right by Westport, bit of a drive.

Robert,

Try meetup.com, and I am going to try to organize a group at least once a month in the West Plaza area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preu
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!

BTW, here is the KC, MO BGG Guild: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/256

And boardgame night at TT is Thursday, weekly. Usually a full house and lots of game variety. 31st Century in Olathe may have a weekly boardgame night as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.