United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that sounds totally valid. Of course, it precludes you from using Fatigue in order to do any cool stuff aside from just move + attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Russo
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Yeah, that sounds totally valid. Of course, it precludes you from using Fatigue in order to do any cool stuff aside from just move + attack.

Also attacks/conditions and OL cards that cause a loss of fatigue can throw a wrench into that strategy pretty quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed.

Sure you can spend all your fatigue to move without costing you an action, and get two attacks in instead of one, or just attack and rest.
Or do you do a move action, saving your fatigue for just in case and make an attack?

But there are situations, like tripwire which makes you vulnerable when you do a Move action, or you need your fatigue to power some defensive skill during the overlord turn?

It really is a tactical decision.

Also, you could find a character who has loads of armor and is hard to hit by monsters, but uses all of their fatigue to move and double attack will become vulnerable to cards that do fatigue damage which will bypass all that armor and go onto their health once their fatigue is depleted.

Sorry, that was a bit scatter-shot, got a splitting migraine - but yea, different choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ring of Power is great on the Dwarf. I always try to give it to him.

Watch out for Pit Trap on fatigue movement. Getting Stunned is a pain. And the Dwarf has 1 in Awareness, ouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cruickshanks
Norway
flag msg tools
Zzzz
badge
Chaos Incarnate
mbmbmbmbmb
squallgoku wrote:
... or you need your fatigue to power some defensive skill during the overlord turn?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the rest action give you back all fatigue at the end of your own turn? If so you'd have full fatigue on the OL turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
araziel wrote:
squallgoku wrote:
... or you need your fatigue to power some defensive skill during the overlord turn?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the rest action give you back all fatigue at the end of your own turn? If so you'd have full fatigue on the OL turn.

It does, but what if you didn't do a rest action but instead did two attack actions instead and spent all except 1 fatigue on movement, saving it for a defensive skill.
Again, it's all tactical choices - you hoped to kill that giant on your turn so he couldn't attack back, only for the Overlord to play some card which cost you your last fatigue point, then another card to keep him alive, and then some nasty card to make him hit extra hard.
Its all part of the fun

(Edited for clarity)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get this whole using fatigue to move as a free action. Fatigue only adds movement points. You still have to use a move action to move in the first place do you not? For example:

Tomble has a speed of 4 and fatigue of 5. He takes 3 fatigue to add 3 movement points which makes his speed now 7. He still has to take a move action to actually move.

Am I completely misinterpreting this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbarchuk wrote:
I don't get this whole using fatigue to move as a free action. Fatigue only adds movement points. You still have to use a move action to move in the first place do you not? For example:

Tomble has a speed of 4 and fatigue of 5. He takes 3 fatigue to add 3 movement points which makes his speed now 7. He still has to take a move action to actually move.

Yea, using fatigue to move does NOT take up one of your two actions for the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbarchuk wrote:

Fatigue does not increase speed
it can change to movement point on 1:1

From 1E you can announce battle and use fatigue to attack twice

ps. haven't seen Hugo the glorius yet
I just wish to know what is his ability now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
miloboy wrote:
ps. haven't seen Hugo the glorius yet
I just wish to know what is his ability now

Hugo the Glorious wrote:

Hero Ability
If you do not move this round, you may reroll 1 of your defense dice each time you are attacked.

Heroic Feat
Use at the Start of your turn. Double the (heart) on your attack roll for each attack you perform this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hugo the Glorious
Hero Ability: If you do not move this round, you may reroll 1 of your defense dice each time you are attacked.

Heroic Feat: Use at the start of your turn. Double the (heart) on your attack roll for each attack you perform this turn.

It doesn't specify a move action, so if he moves with fatigue or an action he doesn't benefit from his Hero Ability - or that's how it goes until clarified in a FAQ.

EDIT: ah beat me to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonVeederVeld wrote:

Hugo the Glorious wrote:

Hero Ability
If you do not move this round, you may reroll 1 of your defense dice each time you are attacked.

Heroic Feat
Use at the Start of your turn. Double the (heart) on your attack roll for each attack you perform this turn.

Wow thank
so he can use fatigue to move now
and may use magic attack too (his Abi & HF don't specific to Melee ?)

ability and heroic feat

still a really really powerful guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
he also defends with a black die

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonVeederVeld wrote:
he also defends with a black die

surprisesurprisesurprise
and still has massive health ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
only a 12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
cbarchuk wrote:

From the rule book, emphasis original:

Descent Rule Book, Page 8, Additional Movement wrote:
A hero may suffer fatigue to receive additional movement points during his turn. For each fatigue suffered, the hero receives one movement point. If the hero already has fatigue equal to his Stamina, he may not suffer any more fatigue to receive additional movement points (see “Fatigue and Stamina” on page 13). A hero player is not required to perform a move action in order to suffer fatigue to move. During his turn, before or after resolving an action or during a move action, a hero may suffer fatigue to gain movement points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Davis
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This tactic is particularly useful when you have a Scout with the Wildlander class, which has a skill that lets you move 2 spaces per 1 fatigue spent. :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.